Ingrown Hair

TENDSKIN ALL THE WAY!!! i had severe bumps EVERYWEHEREE like my underarms legs stomach (from shaving the little treasure trail thing) and bikini area and after i used it for a week i saw a HUGEEEEE difference!!!! just dont overdo it like i did cuz then ur skin will peel off and become really flaky:blink::doh::(

bethrocksguitar said:
what questions should I ask to find a good laser hair removal place?

1. Go to a dermatologist. there are many qualified beauticians who can do it, but its safer to go to a dermotoglogist who can offer immediate advise if your skin suffers any reactions.
2. most good places offer a free test on a patch of the area you'll be going for (ie on your lower legs for example)
3. ask if you can go out in the sun, to the beach, need to apply any special creams etc and if they can offer you small samples of the creams you might need to apply for free. (my doctor always gave me some promotional packets of sunlotion and soothing gels)
4. What type of laser do they use? I found Alexenderite/alexenderia is the best with me...
5. how long a session should take
6. can they give you free touch-up sessions a week or two after the session (i.e. if some hair shows up which they forgot to remove)- this is helpful, since they shave the hair before they start the laser procedure..so they might overlook a small area..
7. how many customers have the treated and were there any popular reactions you should be aware of (just so you can see how experienced they are..)

I hope that was helpful:flower:

can you buy this tendskin in the UK?? I think I;ve heard of it, but not sure where I can find it??

Theory said:
Instead of spending $20 and up on TendSkin, you can make a homemade version. It also doesn't have the smell that TendSkin has.

Here it is:

1) Crush 18 tablets of uncoated aspirin
2) Dissolve these in 5.5 oz of 70% rubbing alcohol
3) Crush 8 tablets of uncoated aspirin
4) Dissolve these in 2.5 oz of witch hazel
5) Combine the rubbing alcohol and witch hazel solutions. Some settling of aspirin may occur, just shake it well before you use it. Enjoy :smile:
APPLY once a day after waxing to prevent and treat ingrown hairs

I will try this...sounds great. I have TendSkin and it doesn't really seem to help...fast enough that is. Takes forever!!! I used this cream the derma gave me for pimples and the redness and inflammation of the ingrown lessened dramatically within a day or two... my derma will probably slap me when she finds out that my bottle is nearly gone because I wanted a pretty bikini line :lol: I know this home remedy will work just from looking at ingredients, but I hope it works as fast as the derma cream.:blush:

You can find Tend Skin in sloane ave. south kensington at BLISS it's just 12 pounds or visit Harrods.:flower:

What is ingrown hair? Is it the painful pimple like dots on the legs? Or is it just those dark spots with hair follicle in them? I've tried Tendskin before and it didn't work and I want to know if it is because I didn't have ingrown hair in the first place.

INGROWING hairs...come here ladies!

:( I dont know, the past 6months its like ingrowing hairs just in love with me. Now how do you stop this or fade the scars and dark spots they leave when you mess with them or just leave them there. I mean, either way...Im seeming to just have dark spots and bumpies :cry: .

My mom advised warm cloth (hot cloth) on it or whatever to open the pores and I could tweeze em out or something. That doesnt work, or when I do tweeze, the spot goes black. SOMEONE RELATE and HELP, please.

Good ole Salicylic Acid does the trick. Try showering with Phisoderm a few days before or on the day of shaving, and a ffew days after. The S. acid actually exfoliates and prevents occurence as well as inflamation of ingrown hairs.

Interesting use of aspirin, aspirin turns into salicylic acid once it's expired or degraded. That's probably why it's part of recipies. I used to be PLAGUED with ingrowns on my legs, but this really does the trick. Plus Phisoderm is cheap anyways.

Laser and nothing else. Laser has made my life so much better. I worry so much less about bikini season and stuff. Also better to the touch. I still have horribly scarred legs from years of waxing but I haven't needed to touch them for like a year and there has been huge improvement. ^Lotions never worked for me.

ive had ingrown hairs on my legs (alllll along my inner thighs, some around knees, and back of calves) for forever! they are seriously sooo bad! they used to only be on my thighs but lately theyre like everywhere and since its summer its so embarrassing if i wear a skirt/shorts/bathing suit. one huge problem i have is picking at them and trying to squeeze them. so now i have scars everywhere:blink: ughhhh it's horrible, really. but anyway, i bought a bottle of tendskin and it was helping but i think the fact that i pick at them counteracts it. but the bottle of tendskin is almost gone and it's too expensive for me to keep rebuying, so i think i am just going to try salycilic acid pads that i have. i am also going to stop picking at it..but does anybody know how to get rid of the scars? man, i've just made more work for myself, and this is a long post about my ingrown hairs, so i will stop talking.

but wish me luck and i will let you know how it goes/what i did if they go away!

what is a good product for red bumps and ingrown hair?

i've tired so many products for ingrown hair and red bumps on my legs . also i scrub with a dry body brush. i've also tired different methods of removing leg hair , but nothing seems to get rid of these problems! help! does anyone have any really good product suggestions or anything else? :flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->