Instituto Europeo di Design (IED)

Discussion in 'Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion' started by Bershka, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Bershka

Bershka New Member

Hey everyone! I am going to start my 3 year fashion and textile design in october in this school in Milan. I wanted to start this thread and maybe hear more about this school from you guys. Hope you'll help me! Thanks! :wink:

[​IMG]

#1 Bershka, Jul 17, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 17, 2006
  2. emi25

emi25 New Member

I did one year there and...:

*It costs much more than it's really worth...
    *If you are creative and want to start working it's a waste of time...
    *A lot of blabla bla, we collaborate with blablabla, stage here and there blablabla...and in the end...nothing...
    *Everyone that pays can do the course and that means that in one class there are to many diferent kind of people, on different knowledge levels..

But I saw on your profile that you are really young so it could be a good introduction to fashion. Milan is a great city and I had one of my best years (so far) there...

If you want to know something in particular pm me..

good luck!

3. Bershka

Bershka New Member

Thank you very much i sent you a message..:flower:

4. serotonin

serotonin New Member

Hi Bershka
    we should meet some time...

and about IED this is my second year... from the beginning until now i am so confused all the time and hoped that it would change but it didnt... it might be a waste of time but still i try not to think too negatively :huh:

who else here is also studyin or have studied at IED?

speak up!!!

5. Bershka

Bershka New Member

hey, yeah, thats a good idea :flower: and yeah, i completley get you, thre's something fishy about it!! grrrr!:doh:

6. Desire

Desire New Member

im going to the the coolhunter summer course in ied barcelona.
    Any tips for this course?

7. saann

saann I don't know

just came back from Barcelona after having dropped out of IED

definately nooot worth the money and time

8. Bershka

Bershka New Member

I've also dropped out after one year in Milano..changed schools and completley satisfied with my action.

9. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

that sounds so bad. their education programs (subjects, specifically) seem pretty interesting in their website and even more essential than those in other institutes such as Marangoni's. too bad they're not succeeding in execution. :(

10. MariaXimena

MariaXimena New Member

Is the school as bad as the reviews here? I have an aunt who recommend for their fashion marketing program in Rome and I was thinking of applying :ninja:

11. Jungla_Juana

Jungla_Juana technicolor tweed

bumping this thread! I am interested in the industrial design and/or fashion design course in Turin... I've been hearing bad things about it though :(

12. Olivka

Olivka New Member

Hi
    I just finished my final thesis in IED (fashion stylist)-
    it was sooo bad experience here, I dont reccomend to anyone to go to study there.
    They take a lot of money , they dont help you with anything, they dont appreciate your work, and they support just italians - in case of finding some job opportunities after the school.
    In fact, after the 2nd year a lot of people just left to their cities because they werent satisfied with the course.
    The school is famous cause they spend all money on advertising but they dont even have money to fix the studio at school. I always had problems with taking models from model agencies after having said that i was a student of this school. Once, we had a shooting with the teacher - photographer from IED during our photography classes and after having brought pics to the agency they didnt give me models any more cause pics were sooo bad.
    There is no help with anyth- no contact with any showrooms, places to rent clothins, nothing.
    Tutors dont care anything about your work and then during the presentation of teh final thesis they dont even support you in any way.
    There are many stories to tell..but if you want to have some carrier in the future- I can guarantee ytou that this school is not gonna give you anything. It will just suck your money.
    Cheers

13. Marie Ó Rouge

Marie Ó Rouge New Member

What is the status of IED in the USA?

And in the world in general?

What is your opinion about the comunication and marketing of fashion?

There are important contacts?

There are a good job vacancies?

14. Cado

Cado New Member

I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this in, but I'll give it a try anyways.

Has anyone heard of IED? Especially the one in Barcelona? Is it a good school? It looks very modern and promising according to their website. They have fashion marketing etc., and it seems interesting, but I haven't really heard anything about this school before.

15. BetteT

BetteT Well-Known Member

Cado, your post was moved from other thread ... you can see some information here. I see that this information is old ... and they are talking about the one in Milan ... but I would think that if it's run by the same people .... it might be very similar.

#15 BetteT, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Natasa: Oct 27, 2010
  16. Cado

Cado New Member

Ok, so I just read this thread. Is the one in Barcelona as bad? :( Has anyone here done graphic design or fashion marketing there before?

Ugh, I'm so disappointed.

Thank you, BetteT!

#16 Cado, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Oct 27, 2010
  17. Cado

Cado New Member

Pretty plz, no one?

18. Nica Sirette

Nica Sirette New Member

IED Barcelona

hi!
    I'm actually studying my last year of fashion design in IED barcelona.
    I undestand why people complain abouit it, sometimes it feels they care more about their own marketing than really listening to the students
    On my first year I felt somethings where a little bit random, but actually is not that bad.
    ok, quite expensive, but I have a wonderful time in class, as I'm studying in english we are just 8 girls in class and they help us with the thesis collection quite well
    Of course there is always some issues with some of the teachers, who doesn't argue ever?
    I know some girls from marketing, and they are quite happy with it, we had some classes in common during first year(marketing, history of art)
    and well, some people also comes because of the city, I'm spanish so for me it's different, but I guess it's quite exiting to come here and discover barcelona

so, to sum up haha
    altough I want to move to london after finishing here, I think it's quite a good experience, and in barcelona IED is a good place (specially if you compare it with the rest of the schools that are the same or worse, and way less international)

contact me if you need any help!
    [email protected]

pd: a transfer girl from milano also told me the level there is lower or something, I really don't know the differences between the schools...

19. valeriaizzo

valeriaizzo New Member

IED Istituto Europeo di Design

Hey!
    I'm thinking about starting a career in fashion and I've been considering some schools...
    Have you heard about IED Istituto Europeo di Design? In Rome?
    I would really like to have some of your opinions:
    what do you think about the school?
    Teachers? Courses? I know it's expensive, but is it really worth it?
    I would like to take the 3 year course of Fashion Stylism.

I'd really appreciate your help. And thank you all in advance!

:question:

20. modevogue

modevogue Active Member

I'm planning to go there and do a Master in Fashion Communications. As far as I know it's a great institute, one of the best in terms of design. But I would love to hear an attendee's opinion!