InStyle Magazine

justlooking

Reaction score
To all you fashion experts out there, how does InStyle Magazine rate as a competitor in the fashion mag world?

The covers are very simple and bland, but the magazine is not very intimidating and very accessible to beginners to fashion... ?

sorry, i couldn't find a thread on InStyle specifically but if there is...sorry.

hmm .......I'm not an expert, but InStyle magazine is recently-subscribed fashion magazine(like for now it's cosmo) at MAGAZINES.COM. so it means something . . .

here's the full list :

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Fashion & Lifestyle[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]1.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Cosmopolitan[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]2.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]InStyle[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]3.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]W[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]4.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Marie Claire[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]5.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Elle[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]6.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Cargo[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]7.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Glamour[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]8.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Vogue[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]9.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Harper's Bazaar[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]10.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Esquire[/size][/font] why vogue is so far :(

Isn't it the #1 selling fashion mag in the US?

Yet the worst, imo..:doh:

StyleIsInUs said:
hmm .......I'm not an expert, but InStyle magazine is recently-subscribed fashion magazine(like for now it's cosmo) at MAGAZINES.COM. so it means something . . .

here's the full list :

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Fashion & Lifestyle[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]1.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Cosmopolitan[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]2.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]InStyle[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]3.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]W[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]4.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Marie Claire[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]5.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Elle[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]6.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Cargo[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]7.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Glamour[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]8.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Vogue[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]9.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Harper's Bazaar[/size][/font][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]10.[/size][/font] [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Esquire[/size][/font] why vogue is so far :(

thanks

scblonndie said:
Isn't it the #1 selling fashion mag in the US?

Yet the worst, imo..:doh:

why? (although i think the US version has way too many ads)

InStyle is good for beginners of fashion...

It will let people become familiar with designers, but that's pretty much it.

But I think the articles are a snore, along with the clothes they feature in them.

They feature a lot of celebrities, and rarely anything creative.

I wouldn't reccomend it.

I don't really like InStyle. I find that the articles the clothes everything is more directed twords older, richer and less active people. I find that Vogue and W are atleast aware of people who are younger and are more into sports than clothes.

InStyle seems like it has Eddie Bauer, Lands End type of clothes. It's just not my style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"