Interior Decorating - Ideas for changing your room

fab_fifties_fille said:
Bonchic could you please credit your pictures ...

yes sorry the first picture was taken by me, 2nd from UrbanOutfitters and the the rest from horchow.com:wink:

I love interior decorating too!! ^_^ I'm hoping to re-decorate my room over the summer break..... I absolutely LOVE antiques, gold, gilded furniture, upholstered chairs, anything French apartment-like really :heart:..... I just purchased some gorgeous wallpaper but I'm at a loss at how to apply it to the walls. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and neat freak so I want to do it properly :blush:. Can anybody help me out?? Please?? :flower:

if you have a wallpaper store near you I suggest going there and having them tell you "exactly" how to, or somewhere like Lowe's or Home Depot in the wallpaper section. Let me know if you don't have any of those stores and I'll try to find a website for you

^Thank you, Bonchic!! Unfortunately, I don't have any of those stores where I am :doh:. But any more help would be much appreciated!! :flower:

since you want a place you want to relax in..use nice cool colors..maybe colors that's reminiscent of the beach? I would avoid bright jarring colors. A nice light light yellow wall paint, mix with light blue touches- like light blue/white window shades, the shear-ish fabric kinds that flows- and mainly white w/ blue sheets for your bed. Iono just mainly stick with a few colors, i usually stick with three colors. and keep the furniture that has clean lines. Well that's what i picture in a room that i want to relax in at least..hope it helps a little:blush:

blah scanner is broke so i can't scan some pics from my design book!

Last edited by a moderator:
my room is shabby chic...white walls,desk and bedspread with patterned curtains and cushions
i have an antique dressmakers dummy which i put pearls etc on and i have an old silver teapot filled with lipgloss
i have an antique dressing table which is my pride and joy and i love anique crystal perfume bottles
i bought a really great book called boudoir by hilary robertson that is all about decorating bedrooms...the book has 15 bedrooms in it as examples and they fall into three catagories: romantic, sexy and exotic
my favourite bedrooms in the book are the dangerous liasons bedroom (decorated with french antiques, fabrics etc) and the starlet bedroom (decorated in a glamourous 1940's style)

If there are people in here who are really into having some fun and want to decorate their rooms with wild colors and decorations etc.etc.....check out this book titled P A D the guide to ultra living by: Matt Maranian There are some really great ideas in that book...and the pictures in there are fun to look at.....I wouldn't recommend this book to people who are minimalists like myself.....:P :D

Im excited, hopefully I will able to study Interior Decorating this year and they Interior Design! I love designing.

I'm looking all over for ideas on repurposing some furniture I have for the new apartment I will move into in a few months. One is a bedside table which I hope to turn into a couchside table..I'm pretty sure I can just paint that thing.
But the other is this sort of long but not wide table that is an ugly shiny dark wood. I really want to be able to use it because I"m sentimental and my grandpa gave it to me. Anyone have suggestions or have ideas to share from somethign you did?

lemeray said:
Im excited, hopefully I will able to study Interior Decorating this year and they Interior Design! I love designing.

Were you thinking of doing this at RMIT by any chance? It's exactly what I want to do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->