Interview March 2012 : Katy Perry by Mikael Jansson

Crystal plays her part so well, i love K.K. also, but she definitely outshines her in the ed, Steven Klein has provided some strong eds this year, hopefully he will keep it up with W and Interview.
I think Interview has become one of the best magazines, i would also add W and VI. VP should take notes, and hire a creative director asap.

all the editorials are glorious!!

i am in love with "Strict Institution". I think Crystal took it waaay over-the-top and it works flawlessly here! she looks almost like a mutant in some of the pics. just incredible! KK is fantastic as the severe, cold, ice-queen nurse. just altogether gorgeous!

The issue is so dark and dismal, Steven Klein's edit is disturbing, but I'm a sucker for a powerful reference. Karolina and Crystal's presence is electric, I feel like I'm looking at movie stills, very well researched and executed.

it reminds me alot about the sickiest french movie i`ve ever seen - "martyrs" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/.

it instantly reminded me of that! crystal looks exactly like the girl in the movie!
all of the stories are very good but "strict institution" is just...wow. i am creeped out by it, but i can't stop looking at it! the american magazines are stepping up in the march issues!

Crystal's body always looks different everytime I see her, it's so confusing. "Strict Institution" has to be the most powerful editorial I've seen in a long time, very unexpected and shocking. Could you imagine seeing that in US Vogue?

Katy Perry on the cover looks like a mix between Candice and Elizabeth Taylor loool what a combo!

Wow what an issue:woot:, just looked through all the edits and they are just sick. Kleins edit is so effective, scary and over the top, I dont think anyone couldve done this as well as Crystal she is the best at potraying dramatic stories:heart:. Also Abbeys edit is done so well, the lighting and effects just blows me away, the shot of her in the rocking chair is so sublimely creepy. Have to track down this issue asap.:D

Sarah Burton
Photographer:
Fabien Baron
Stylist: Karl Templer
Model: not credited
Make-Up: Benjamin Puckey
Hair: Guido Palau

interviewmagazine

"High Brow" & "No Photos, Please"
Ph. Craig McDean
Stylist: Karl Templer
Hair: Rutger / Orlando Pita
Make-Up: Diane Kendal

Facebook/Marilyn Paris

^Beautiful. Some not so commonly used Helmut Newton features there, it takes a pretty good eye to see those.

Also, that Balenciaga hat photographs really well.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I've noiticed that too. The whole collection photograph well, imo.
Fantastic editorial, I love the styling and the last shot is to die for. Quite a strong issue.

God this issue just gets better and better!:D THat McQueen edit is sick, love how you can see all the details of the clothes:heart:. And this last edit is fantastic too, Marie Pivosen is definitely one to watch, and I agree the Balenciaga collection has never lookedb etter than in this edit:flower:

I finally got my issue yesterday. There is also a nice interview with Franca Sozzani with some nice images. The Sarah Burton interview is good too. There's a lot... this issue is packed front to back. Back page: Grace Coddington!

Last edited by a moderator:
Strict Institution
Karolina Kurkova & Crystal Renn by Steven Klein
Styled by Ludivine Poiblanc

fashionscansremastered

I really think this is some of Renn's best work....although she is playing a hideous mentalist.....its just so gripping and her face is terrifying.

I wanted to save every image but got quite frightened at the thought of stumbling upon them without warning. :unsure:

BRAVO

Still waiting for my issue to arrive, very excited! Love High Brow, very Jane Forth!!

This looks like one of the best editions of Interview for some time.
A great mix of brilliant editorial casting and sublime photography.....Klein's editorial takes the cake here and Crystal Renn is nothing short of astonishing.
Metal Headz by M&M is just fascinating imagery and Templar is a genuis. Saskia DeBrauw is really proving herself in this setting, but just a little more Elise would have gone a long way.
Also Mikael Jansson is one of the finest lensmen around and his work with Katy Perry is lovely and 'As She Waits' is suitably dark, creepy and gothic. Also as Abbey Lee Kershaw has been looking almost deathly lately, she's the perfect choice for this.....so it all works spectacularly.
Thanks to everyone for all the pics. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"