Interview October / November 2009 : Kristen Stewart by Craig McDean

source | wwd.com

A NIP AND A TUCK: After a tumultuous few years, Interview magazine — now under the team of editorial director Fabien Baron, editor in chief Stephen Mooallem and creative director Karl Templer — is changing its look. “This magazine has to evolve and change and address contemporary culture,” said president Evanly Schindler, who joined a few months ago and, before that, launched Tar. “It will be anchored in the here and now,” he remarked. Come spring, Schindler said new contributors and photographers will be on the masthead but he declined to provide more details, adding it’s too early to describe how the issue will unfold. This will be the second time Baron redesigns the magazine — the first was when he was co-editorial director with Glenn O’Brien and launched a new look with the September 2008 issue.

Interview’s October issue will hit newsstands next week. The issue marks the title’s 40th anniversary and features Kristen Stewart of “Twilight” on the cover. Inside, the magazine’s owner, Peter Brant, interviews polo player and Ralph Lauren model Nacho Figueras, Lady Gaga is shot by Matthew Williams and Winona Ryder was interviewed by Mooallem.

nice cover and ed though i hate the fact that they made her face uneven.it takes away something

she looks stunning in her editorial. though why her hair was styled like that?

I like it! Thanks for the post

I think a Lady Gaga cover would have made more sense for their 40th anniversary issue.

I think a Lady Gaga cover would have made more sense for their 40th anniversary issue.

It probably wouldn't have sold as many copies as this will, though. "New Moon" comes out in November and it's going to be huge, so it makes sense for her to be on the cover, from a business standpoint.

Anyway is she Auditioning to be Marilyn Manson's newest girlfriend? Just kidding, she looks beautiful as always.

^ yup, Kristen is playing Joan Jett in a new film called The Runaways

Love the cover, indifferent to her...and only Interview seems to be able to make someone bland become amazing...

This is stunning.
Glad to see Fabien back, the magazine is doing so much better.

The good news is I got it today. The bad news is this guy who works in my school's cafeteria grabbed for it and got chicken grease all over a bunch of pages! :angry: :angry::doh:

Oh, and it's 9.00 ( :angry::angry::censored:) dollars now! The only reason I bought it is because the 35th anniversary issue was the first fashion magazine I actually read cover to cover and studied, so this issue is an anniversary of sorts for me and fashion. :rolleyes::blush:

do you guys need a review?

Last edited by a moderator:
Review :flower:

Kristen Stewart
Photographer: Craig McDean
Interviewed by Dennis Hopper
Styling: Karl Templer

Nacho Figueras
Interviewed by Peter M. Brant
Photographer: Fabien Baron

Winona Ryder
Interviewed by Stephen Mooallem
Portrait by Herb Ritts

(A really long title that basically say's it's our anniversary)
It's a collection of great photos from the magazine over the years. Has a bit of a collage artistic feel to it. There's also a great spread that shows 55 vintage covers. It's very stunning.

Wes Anderson
Interviewed by Arnaud Desplechin
Photographer: Solve Sundsbo

The Sartorialistas!
Models: Ian O'brien, Marcel Castenmiller, and Bruce Machado
Photographer: Mikael Jansson

Mike Tyson
Interviewed by Elvis Mitchell ( :wub: )
photographer: Grant Delin

Lady Gaga
Photographer: Matthew Williams

Anjelica Hutson
Interviewed by Christopher Bollen
Photographer: Craig McDean

Some people in the magazine that I thought would interest everyone:

Georgia May Jagger, Jesse Eisenberg, Audrina Patridge ( :rolleyes: ) Where The Wild Things Are, and Julia Dunstall (in a one page sunglasses feature)

There's no Women's fashion editorial :(

Thanks for the review :smile:
Nacho Figueras is everwhere lately, what´s up with that...?
I´m looking forward to Wes Anderson by Solve and Marcel Castenmiller by Jansson.

^ Oh that is certainly not a bad thing in my eyes. :shifty: :lol:

But after reading the review i have to say it feels a bit lackluster for an anniversary issue.

the cover looks so amazing, i see some Twilight vampire undertone in it.

I'm quite surprised at how killer her cover shot looks especially since they've done similar ones with previous covers. I still hate the mullet but it surprisingly works with the mood and concept IMO and a lot better then the shoot she did for Dazed and Confused :rolleyes:.

Gosh i hate to say this cause I dislike Kristen, but the cover is amazing! I love Interview! Very creative and artsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->