Interview September 2020 : Lana Del Rey by Chuck Grant

It’s typical Lana photo and we love to see it, besides the Karen’s mask.

Ec5lziXWAAEcLCo

twitter.com

I know it's a pic taken from a pic, but the cover doesn't look all that promising. Karen mask aside. Also, Lana has been showing her true self throughout this pandemic and it wasn't a pretty sight.
Now that W is a mess, and V is middle of the road, Interview has the opportunity to get back to basics and really pull in the American high fashion reader with strong visuals and great styling. But instead, they don't even follow the 'youth culture' pack, they just don't care.

I thought 'Rihanna's stylist' would make this make this magazine cool/relevant again....

Don't see the point of the mask, it covers her face and doesn't add anything to the overall aesthetic of the cover and forces her to have this weird pose with her hands around her ears.

Not a fan of the crop either, it should have been more zoomed in but then that would mean even more space taken up by the mask...

Like her first Interview just 10 times worse and with an Etsy mask...Pass
this is a good description of it

Although i'm kind of excited for the interview and the photo spread inside, the general colour scheme is very Lana so that could work better than what they've chosen to be on the cover.

Can anyone guess the photographer?

I never found her statement to be quite so controversial - the name dropping was a bit much but regardless, she's still one of my favorite artists that I listen to regularly so I'm happy to see her (even though it's Interview, yikes). Considering that she was supposed to drop her new album today (as stated in the infamous thinkpiece post), it's interesting that the cover leaked today of all days.

I love the cover - she looks incredible, as usual - but nothing will ever beat that bee cover she did for Interview Russia(?) back in the day. Hopefully she gets another V cover by Klein next, that's always a delight.

Snoozefest yet it would have been a lot more interesting without the mask

Now that W is a mess, and V is middle of the road, Interview has the opportunity to get back to basics and really pull in the American high fashion reader with strong visuals and great styling. But instead, they don't even follow the 'youth culture' pack, they just don't care.

I thought 'Rihanna's stylist' would make this make this magazine cool/relevant again....

LOL Benn, you do remember that Fabien Baron and Karl Templer don't work at this magazine anymore :lol:?

I honestly don't know who buys Interview since it's trash-fraudulent "revamp", let alone how the magazine has limped on for two years. Lana looks OK, but you know you're done when your cover star is simply doing a feeble repeat of what they did on your budget daughter magazine eight years ago. Shut this s*t down already :rolleyes:!

Oh! I remember... that was so Karen... and the reason I unfollowed her.

She was also dating an “influencer cop” (how is that a real thing?!) from some trash reality show called “Live PD” which filmed someone dying while in a Police Custody, presumably for entertainment purposes. Very ugly stuff. I think that’s part of why people had so little patience for her antics and understandably did not give her the benefit of the doubt when she started trying to drag every Black chart topping pop star into her mess.

Lana's fantasy image was always about "feeling out of place and time" but right now, that's not an effective selling point to anyone outside of her circle of fans.

And choosing to appear in Interview compounds the impression of being thoughtless and out of touch, rather than glamorous and out of reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->