Interview Winter 2018 : Young Thug by Petra Collins

It looks too sloppy. Sad photo, it looks as if his watch and his bracelet are more important than himself.

When I was a kid growing up in New York, this was my bible for art, beauty, and "interestingness".
Now not so much.

I actually love it, love the retro Interview art direction.

That being said, I will absolutely pass on this. I don't support a magazine that doesn't pay its creators.

It will only be bottom feeders and traitors who will continue to work for this magazine knowing full and well their peers are thousands out of pocket over corporate machinations. Only disappointed in McGinley's contribution in the last issue. The rest are merely staying true to form.

Intrigue adside, the image does nothing for me. There are so many Young Thug hybrids right now that if his name wasn't on the cover, I'd easily have mistaken him for yet another excessively tattoed rapper.

....it looks as if his watch and his bracelet are more important than himself.

You could say that about 99% of all rappers.

You could say that about 99% of all rappers.

True, but was it necessary that halo around his watch and bracelet? Rappers also look tougher, not this depressed. Is he begging not to be beaten up?

I do hope that some of the people working for them get a job at Dazed or Wired. They do have very interesting choices music wise, very outside the mainstream. I was extremely surprised to see a band like The Body featured - that is the further there is from what you get in these magazines these days. This magazine could be amazing if it wasn't for the bad management/ownership and all around fu**ry.

I honestly have no idea who he is except for his name being called out in 'Barbie Dreams' by Nicki Minaj. :lol: But the orange master head looks really good though. A nice contrast with the green backdrop and Young Thug.

Got this in the mail today. 144 pages

Review:

"The Future is Behind You"
P: Roe Ethridge
S: Avena Gallagher
M: Oslo Grace

"A Few Good Men"
P: Shaniqwa Jarvis
S: Michael Fisher
Single portraits of Bryan Cranston, Jeff Daniels, and Lucas Hedges

"Bhabie's All Right"
P: Kristin-Lee Moolman
S: Gadir Rajab
Danielle Bregoli

"The People vs. Young Thug"
P: Petra Collins
S: Mel Ottenberg

"Who, Me?"
P: Charlie Engman
M: Grace Elizabeth

"Gag"
P: Collier Schorr
M: Lara Mullen
feature with Nancy Grossman

Interview with Allesandro Michele

Bhad motherfu**ing Bhabie??? This magazine should've stayed in its grave.

Our winter issue, on stands everywhere soon, is a celebration of art in all its messy, myriad forms

Interview is telling us that when things get 'messy', it's part of the process of creating art.

Whatever you're selling, I'm not buying. On every level.

He is called Young Thug. I wouldn't put him on the cover of a magazine based on his name alone. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barba
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->