Introduction of Vintage Magazine Personalities

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
At first, I thought it would be fun to have a thread of youtube clips of fashion personalities from yesteryear. But why not have a thread where we introduce and describe the personalities instead? Or just discuss fun clips we find. Like for instance this one - I found this neat clip by Anton Perich with Interview people: Ara Gallant, Ingrid Boulting, Tinkerbelle....very weird and fun.

Ingrid Boulting is a 60s and 70s model who was very successful and the guy in the cap here is stylist and photographer Ara Gallant. He was a stylist with Avedon for instance. They talk about some of the famous 60s models and the shoots at the end of the clip. Ara Gallant complains about the Grace Mirabella Vogue shoots because they weren't luxurious. Little did he know what would come....Crazy and hilarious.

Ara Gallant worked as a stylist in the 60s and 70s and tried his luck with photography for, I know, Ambiance, where he famously shot Gia Carangi's first fashion editorial. He also tried to work as a film director, but I don't think he got that far before he died in 1990.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->