Apple's iPhone

Chloe-Babe said:
he he, dont know about you, but the chocolate is without doubt the most un user friendly mobile I have ever owned. I have had mine two months now, the temptation to throw it from the window of my car at high speed is now getting harder to control :shock:

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I touch the damn key pad, somehow I find myself on the internet. I was walking a few days ago unknownlingly I was online, wtf. Yeah I don't like it as much as I thought I would. But it looks nice. :P

yes I also found the chocolate difficult. My friend had one and once i tried to drunkenly text a friend of his (so i guess it helps stop drunk texting) and it was very difficult. It sounds like they may have resolved some of these issues with this phone though....

^^ Hahaha, I guess that should be specified as one of the phones main features. "Drunk Text Messaging Protection".

Doesn't it cost an extra $150 bucks at retail price to buy an unlocked phone?

I'm also mad that its Cingular.

I am a die hard Mac user so I want this in theory but at the moment I don't need a new phone persay. I could really use a new iPod and I love the idea of a widescreen / syncing everything with my laptop but I don't know if I can justify an iPhone purchase. I guess we'll see where I stand when June rolls around though. Steve Jobs pretty much owns me so maybe I'll cave.

Meg said:
yes I also found the chocolate difficult. My friend had one and once i tried to drunkenly text a friend of his (so i guess it helps stop drunk texting) and it was very difficult. It sounds like they may have resolved some of these issues with this phone though....

Good reason to buy a chocolate phone though. Less of a chance for humiliating yourself with a drunken text. :wink:

Just wondering how we're ALL going to buy this. It's going to be sheer maddness! :buzz: I want this phone too, I'm going to fight you all for it so watch out. :boxer::shifty:

I just visited the site at apple.com, and I know I don't need those features.... It was pretty predictable Apple would release a phone. Though you'd know Apple releasing a phone would be great, I never actually thought about the capabilities. I know it'll probably be a waste of money in the end, or really, a waste of time considering how much I will start using my phone if I owned it. I hardly receive/make phone calls on my cell phone, but it's got so many damn features. Widgets, a iPod, and multi-touch capability! *drooling*

And does anyone find it adventitious that the demo shown for "Breakthrough Internet Device" leads to the nytimes.com, with the headline "Democrats Take Control of Congress." :lol: Just feeding into the stereotypes.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Luxx said:
I'm also mad that its Cingular.

I am a die hard Mac user so I want this in theory but at the moment I don't need a new phone persay. I could really use a new iPod and I love the idea of a widescreen / syncing everything with my laptop but I don't know if I can justify an iPhone purchase. I guess we'll see where I stand when June rolls around though. Steve Jobs pretty much owns me so maybe I'll cave.

hahah!^

so pretty - though it'll probably take a year for it to come to canada :(

uhh.. some of my friends even have some sort of mental countdown for this, it's crazy, they're willing to pay ANYTHING :lol: .
I'd probably be excited if I liked phones..

Oh no! this isn't just a phone... it's Blackberry, web, iPod, camera, video, WiFi and i might be forgetting other functionality in ONE :woot: not to mention it's touch-screen , no fumbling with keys, no stylist , nada :woot:

misssakura said:
I want one. $500 isn't so bad really. I was looking at a phone for $500 that was nothing compared to this. I do worry about how much dirt it would pick up though, and how resilient it would be.

$500 with a contract that will probaly tie you down to the specific provider. The phone will probaly be alot more if you wanted to buy it without being tied down to monthly service from cingular

^ really? :shock: I was thinking $500 with contract, I dont htink I've ever seen a phone $500 w/ contract. I just got a blackberry pearl so I dont really need a new phone but my bro would prabably get me it if I sell my blackberry... The only thing I really like about this is the touch screen though, I dont really need music on my phone. I wonder if it's say easier to go online than with the blackberry. Will have to see it in person weather it's worth the hype.

Well i'm in New Zealand so there are only two service providers, telecom and vodaphone. I'd imagine they'd use vodaphone. I was recently made aware that the phone doesn't have 3G which seems really odd.

lol, it looks like the people from tFS aren't the only ones to be excited. Look at its effect on the market.

apple plans on selling 10 MILLION units in 1 year. Apple getting kinda cocky.

I figure that by the time I enter college a few years from now, any kinks will be sorted out. There will- obviously- be flaws. (I'm still wondering how it's going to store people's tv shows, music, and photos under an 8-GB HD.) And hopefully, I might be able to afford it- uber-expensive for what my parents are willing to spend.

Allius said:
apple plans on selling 10 MILLION units in 6 months. Apple getting kinda cocky.

10 million is definitely a lot to promise on, but with the technology this phone posesses, you can bet not just Blackberry users are signing up; but especially the new generation of users that have been lured to the shiny white iPods and Macs.

smartarse said:
Oh no! this isn't just a phone... it's Blackberry, web, iPod, camera, video, WiFi and i might be forgetting other functionality in ONE :woot: not to mention it's touch-screen , no fumbling with keys, no stylist , nada :woot:

don't forget, you can run computer software (MAC OS X) on a phone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->