Apple's iPhone

It's cingular and AT&T now, joint companies now. But, I'm using cingular and know what all the vehemence is about.

Guessgirl96 said:
^ really? :shock: I was thinking $500 with contract, I dont htink I've ever seen a phone $500 w/ contract. I just got a blackberry pearl so I dont really need a new phone but my bro would prabably get me it if I sell my blackberry... The only thing I really like about this is the touch screen though, I dont really need music on my phone. I wonder if it's say easier to go online than with the blackberry. Will have to see it in person weather it's worth the hype.

Guessgirl, I'm a Blackberry user too and from the Apple key notes video, the iPhone would definitely be a better device to surf the net on!

It seems Apple might have gotten Safari (the browser on the iPhone) to format and display the web content properly on the iPhone, which is more than what I can say when trying to surf the web on my Blackberry. (read: :yuk:)

PrincessImp. said:
Guessgirl, I'm a Blackberry user too and from the Apple key notes video, the iPhone would definitely be a better device to surf the net on!

It seems Apple might have gotten Safari (the browser on the iPhone) to format and display the web content properly on the iPhone, which is more than what I can say when trying to surf the web on my Blackberry. (read: :yuk:)

I agree. If there is one downside to surfing the net via a Blackberry its the fact that pages just are not formatted properly. Its so aggravating! I need to look through the specs list but I'm guessing the iPhone is going to be running Quicktime as well, another massive plus as you can't watch video on a Blackberry :angry:

Has anyone else noticed the +1500$ preorder for this phone on ebay? Holy cow! :ninja:

how can you preorder the phone on ebay?

Meg said:
how can you preorder the phone on ebay?

Oh, it's just someone who has direct access to supply or something (like a retailer maybe) selling guaranteed access to phones on ebay. Like you pay him now, he sends you the phone when it ships. :shock:

bah boring. why not just wait? there will be TONS of these things around. i'm sure apple will try to avoid supply problems and want to shift as many as possible as soon as possible.

then again look at the nintendo wii.

sold out since its launching and to this day nobody can get their hands on it.

well exactly and they are suffering sales b/c of the demand with people settling for xboxes instead. PSIII had this same problem. btw for whoever asked it unlocking phones is free if you are on pay as you go. You just need the PUK code.

Any idea what's so bad about Cingular?

I have got a new bunch of employees today and for those who are getting cell phones, almost all of them are signing up for Cingular now with the intent to get an iPhone later once it hits the market. :innocent:

princess, I have cingular and really dont have any problems. Whereas my brother was having lots of problems with t mobile and verizon

ale -- I was lucky and got a wii for retail on ebay a few weeks ago, and a ps3 below retail (after tax) :P Guess they had a lot of shipments recently. I really doubt they'll be very hard to get for more than a month or so

PrincessImp. said:
Any idea what's so bad about Cingular?

I have got a new bunch of employees today and for those who are getting cell phones, almost all of them are signing up for Cingular now with the intent to get an iPhone later once it hits the market. :innocent:

It does seem to be the to-go-to company now. But, my problem is dealing with the service bars in my area. Whenever I have to make a call, I have to double check my band selection- a pain in the behind. :angry:

Oh I can't wait. I was thinking of getting a blackberry but I guess I'll just wait now :woot:

Does it not depend on what part of the US you are living in on how well your service is? Because I know vodafone is based around where a friend of mine's family home is in west berkshire but there is NO service there because it's very hilly or something. very rural. does this make a difference?

^I think where you live definitely makes a difference on your cell phone reception.
I'm with Cingular and reception is go where I live. But once I drive up to the mountains or certain "blind spots" in my area, I do lose reception and get no service at all.

Anyway, I was just thinking if the iPhone came in colours(much like the iPod nano) - it'll be great! :heart:

watch this... all the models will be sporting the iPhone backstage for the spring collection (fashion show) :rolleyes:

I like the look of it, but it seems too complicated for a phone. There might be a lot of problems you don't have to worry about on a normal cell phone: only 4 gigabytes of storage for music and videos, slow loading time, shortened battery life, large monthly charges for all of its features, and so on.

Though it is pretty to look at, I'd much prefer a simpler phone from Apple.

Another Lawsuit for Apple?

Compare the samsung LG phone (which was a prototype for the PRADA phone) to the apple iphone. The samsung phone on the right already won the "International forum design Award for 2007" in 2006.

engadget.com

Attachments

• iphone-vs-ke850-wm.jpg
    iphone-vs-ke850-wm.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8
  • iphone-vs-ke850-2-wm.jpg
    iphone-vs-ke850-2-wm.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 12.20.06---prada-phone.jpg
    12.20.06---prada-phone.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator: