Iris Van Herpen F/W 2015.16 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Iris-Van-Herpen-RTW-FW15-Paris-0019-1426007171-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

I'm tired of Iris to be honest. She doesn't seem to actually have innovative ideas other than her materials and methods. Her collections have become really repetitive. The shoes are pretty cool, but the prints here are ugly, and the rest just boring with no coordination or apparent effort.
As much as I hate to say it, she's trying to capitalize on something that lost its luster many seasons ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so boring, the colors are awful, 99% of the collection is unwearable. There's absolutely nothing interesting here. I guess she lost her ability to innovate and surprise people.

LOVE! Please never stop what you are doing Iris! Always a highlight of each season to see what she does because I know it's always going to be interesting. She is a true genius pushing the boundaries of fashion and fusing it with technology. No doubt a bunch of highly technical processes were used to create some of these pieces and I'm keen to read about it. This is probably her most wearable collection to date but nonetheless you can still see her couture skills in it. I am a bit disappointed with the runway though, considering last season was shown in the Pompidou Centre this one seems so boring and dull. One of the most underrated designers. :smile:

Apparently she was heavily influenced by Alexander McQueen, but I still adore her talent work with those high-tech fabric.Industrial beauty indeed.

this is more suited to london. the presentation is rubbish as well, nothing exciting.

^what do you mean? london was great this season.

truth be told,i do adore her technique but i feel like the silhouettes have become a bit tired at this point....her first p-a-p show was so much more interesting and showed she had some range beyond just the treatments to her clothes.

i'd say there are about 4 or 5 decent shows there that can compare to milan and paris..most of them are like this. no imagination in the runway at all.

that's a matter of taste i suppose because i think london kind of rocked this season....first time a very long time where we've had several very bright,creative and thoughtful young designers showing.

I really like the shoes. Her designs always look so special and imaginative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->