Iris van Herpen Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

I like this dress; but the rest of the collection is just variations on the same concept, and some of her signature 3D printed monstrosities she always makes:
pWnb7fGt_t.jpg

Lola is always bitching how she does the same thing over and over, and I normally defend her, but can't this time. It feels like the same proportions, only with a earthy tone this time. It's time for Iris to start challenging herself because I really want her to succeed. Play with crochet, different forms, different materials. The sky is really the limit for her.

HUMmm, I like it because its sexy and not 'boring ethereal' like the past collections. Im nobody to say how a artist like her should so her job, but she should do more "easy" clothes with a whisper of high techniques like a cocktail dress with a twisted cleavage for exemple. This dresses are exquisite, however [possible controversial opinion] Im afraid that they are very distant from the "real world" and they dont have that touch of fantasy that make you want to look this (like 00's couture) they are not relatable, they scare you because they literelly looks like they came from another world/era. Her clothes still only museum worthy unfortunately [/possible controversial opinion].

After having the privilege of seeing her exhibit in Toronto in the Fall I would die to see the details of those last two dresses they are so extraordinary!!!

It’s all amazing but in the end leaves me completely cold . It’s creativity gone wild without any sense of who will wear these clothes.

Not a fan of the collection as a whole (the colours are a bit distracting from the construction and the "geographic waves" aren't as flattering as they should be) but I would rock that second dress to bits.

It's time for Iris to start challenging herself because I really want her to succeed. Play with crochet, different forms, different materials. The sky is really the limit for her.

First time I saw Van Herpen clothes, I thought it was Sandra Backlund playing with a 3-d printer...Sandra´s clothes were more wearable, she made knits (and she even made a collection using human hair, back in 2004:(

1136.jpg

freekeylabs.com

I love her use of colour here, it's like a desert sunset. I don't care if it's similar to what she's done before, it's still beautiful, and breathtakingly detailed. Sometimes you just need to make gorgeous clothes, and that's what she did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"