Iris van Herpen Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

Saw the first 8 looks and thought 'well at least Lola can't call her a one-trick pony this time' and then I saw the rest.
Iris must switch it up, and fast. Some of her dresses are starting to look like Zuhair Murad.

The execs must be telling her to make her clothes look more wearable, otherwise this collection wouldn't seem like Iris is on autopilot...

Hmm. Where can she go. It's 2021. Maybe she can get a contract with costumes for some dance or opera company. Or some high budget television show, because the garments do look better in motion.

It's very clear she's not very strong at making clothes one can inhabit.

Such a sad use of color, makes everything look tackier, she should stick to white/ivory with the same passion she clinges to the same silhouettes...

These look like costumes from a sci-fi film.

There's always a few interesting looks or ideas in each of her collections that I wish she would build upon and expand, but then she just does the same old thing over and over and over again.

It's always interesting to see in movement, but it's also always more of the same. Pretty much like Valli, but if I had to choose one it'd be Herpen for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->