Iris Van Herpen S/S 2016 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Iris-Van-Herpen-Ready-to-Wear-Spring-Summer-2016-Paris-9542-1444150444-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Overall it's so mediocre to me but I believe in detail it'd be epic.

I really dislike the layering effect of the skirts and dresses, it's getting old and quickly. Overall a nice collection, but definitely not her strongest. She can do better and less commercial.

With Iris it's all about the details and combining that with a rtw collection is difficult I think. This collection is very wearable, but feels not sleek/strong enough imo. This jumpsuit (http://imgbox.com/BNCG0gfl) is gorgeous, love it. But I see that in de second part she used the same sort of fabric as Raf's fall collection unfortunately.

Catch of the day! Game Of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie is covered in netting at the Iris Van Herpen show for PFW

She's known for her striking features and for playing Brienne of Tarth in Game Of Thrones - and Gwendoline Christie was the star attraction at the Iris Van Herpen show on Tuesday.

The 37-year-old lay down on a circular stage and was covered in netting at the Paris Fashion Week show as she presents an artistic creation for the designer.

Wearing a very sexy cream dress with netting incorporated into the design, she lay with her blonde locks slicked back as she closed her eyes at the show, while paws pointing in her direction.

Iris van Herpen is a Dutch fashion designer who studied Fashion Design at ArtEZ Institute of the Arts Arnhem and interned at Alexander McQueen in London, and Claudy Jongstra in Amsterdam.

Gwendoline is set to play Captain Phasma, in JJ Abrams' upcoming Star Wars: The Force awakens.

She told Variety: 'It was very important to JJ that I was there acting a part', she said.

'I found it to be a really interesting acting challenge, not just because of what I felt this character was representing - and it was just what I felt, and we talked about it a little bit.

'But it was never like a manifesto, "this is what it must be"

'And it was exciting to me to have that weight of responsibility taken away, of having to be a certain way as a woman, to have to be mindful in a way that isn’t always useful.'

She also talked about strong female roles in Game Of Thrones to The Sunday Times.

I thought [the books] were fabulous because there were so many women in leading roles,' she said.

'All sorts of women, not just whores or princesses, but princesses who were whores. Evil women. Brilliant, clever, strong women. Women who could be mothers and murderers.'
dailymail

It's amazing how she can come up with new, different ways to work textures season after season.
This is different and yet nonetheless her, nonetheless innovative. Love her.

Definitely not her best collection and a little underwhelming but the clothes are still nice! I still miss her couture though....

while this is perfectly nice and interesting to look at it just feels out-of-touch to me- complicated and out of sync with the times . Maybe thats good because it means a singular, uncompromising vision, but in this case the final product looks too much like tame cocktail dresses, not the dangerous femininity that one would expect.

Full show

Show credits
Press agent: Karla Otto | Nicolas Delareu
Styling: Patti Wilson
Casting Director: Jess Hallett
Consultancy: Jerry Stafford
Make-up: MAC Cosmetics | Inge Grognard
Hair: TIGI Professional | Maria Kovacs, Marco Lafrate
Music & sounds: Salvador Breed
Runway music: Excerpt of “Canto Ostinato Audio Visual” | Gwyneth Wentink, Wouter Snoei & Arnout Hulskamp

Collaborating artists: Jólan van der Wiel, Marjan Colletti
Installation: Rex Lab | University of Innsbruck for Experimental Archictecture
Pedja Gavrilovic, Pavlos Feraios

Show: 6up event production | Martin Cohen, Bruno Augusto Ramos
Showproduction: Bdifferent | Kim Vos, Diek Pothoven & Michelle den Hollander

Shoes in collaboration with FINSK London by Julia Finsk

Press release: Jerry Stafford & Eugene Rabkin
Installation photography: Warren Du Preez and Nick Thornton Jones
Frontstage Photography: Team Peter Stigter
Backstage Photography: Morgan O’Donovan
Video Registration: Fabrice Daville - Premices Films

Special Thanks to:
Gwendoline Christie
Swarovski
Ets Lucien Noyon Et Cie
Akadamie van Kunsten
Stefano Martinetto & Tomorrow team
Iris van Herpen youtube

I haven't seen any of her other collections, but I think this one is beautiful. I really enjoy all the different fabrics and how well they're combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->