Is it True? Models and Perfect Skin

santsa

Reaction score
is that true that they have a perfect skin.. it sound so fake... his is not possible that they have no mistakes :wacko:

Models have something even better than perfect skin.... they have airbrushing! :P

i think there are people that have better skin than other thanks to genetics... i think a lot of models are lucky and have that genetic predisposition.... i know people in the real world that have outstanding skin - it does exist... but like tealady says you cannot judge a models skin by the magazine covers - lots of work goes on behind the scenes to perfect them.

elvis.jpg

'My skin's not airbrushed...yeah...'

It's so true, not to mention the work that people get done these days. If you've got $$$, you can a perfect almost anything.

hmm, not sure but all the models i have seen close up had pimples(under skin).
some less, some more :unsure:

Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Nov 25th, 2003 - 3:44 pm
It's so true, not to mention the work that people get done these days. If you've got $$$, you can a perfect almost anything.
i agree..models get paid so much they ca afford all those expensive treatments and all. but i've heard that u are required to have really good skin still

Ummmm.... Cindy Crawford has the yuckiest skin ever.. her pores are so big and nasty they could fit a pin head... Look at the Nars pic in X-Ray...

Most models don't have perfect skin... I was just reading an article about Pat McGrath in a Spanish magazine some weeks ago, and she was talking abou usind Dermablend on a model...

Others have to thank not only airbrushing but the magic of photoshop. Even my favorite Christy Turlington has more wrinkles around her eyes than my grandma...
And then of course there are laser treatments, botox and all the other surgical magic treatments...

Perfect skin exists... I used to have it... I still do in a way even though I have a skin disease and I get compliments all the time... I don't believe them, but I do know that I'm lucky not to have a single wrinkle though I'm 29...

And if you look in the streets, there are lots of girls with beautiful skins... I guess genetics has something to do, but also prevention and make up does help a lot as well.

Sofia

Originally posted by ribes@Nov 25th, 2003 - 6:32 pm
Ummmm.... Cindy Crawford has the yuckiest skin ever.. her pores are so big and nasty they could fit a pin head... Look at the Nars pic in X-Ray...

what is that sofia?

X-Ray is Nars' master piece of work. It's a book with some of his potographic work. He's actually a photographer who later on got into designing his own make up line, and we all know how good of a creator he is (both mua, photographer and make up designer...).
This book is older than Make Up Your Mind, and it's basically just part of his work. It's available in Amazon, but it's very pricey...

Sofia

very few models i know have good skin, but good makeup and makeup artists letting them in on tricks makes a big difference

pesonally i hate airbrushed looking pictures you can always see when it has veen done or when limbs have been "reduced"

I've seen a lot of models with terrible skin. This is when they have no makeup on...
yep...it's all the air brushing...

Originally posted by santsa@Nov 25th, 2003 - 4:13 pm
is that true that they have a perfect skin.. it sound so fake... his is not possible that they have no mistakes :wacko:
it's not true. I model and I don't have perfect skin. blahh. it's getting better though. hehe.

proactiv helps =)

most models i've met have great skin
mostly because they're so young (girls) and they just have untouched milky skin.

of corse there are a few not so good here and there

most have very good skin, a few don't, but they have to achieve it because it's not always easy to hide skin flaws, unless airbrushing is used.
i detest my skin. i started getting acne at 12, wasted so much time feeling embarassed, ahh..still not rid of it.. :(

Originally posted by crystalized@Apr 15th, 2004 - 6:39 pm
most have very good skin, a few don't, but they have to achieve it because it's not always easy to hide skin flaws, unless airbrushing is used.
i detest my skin. i started getting acne at 12, wasted so much time feeling embarassed, ahh..still not rid of it.. :(
what have you used to help your skin? and you're prolly beautiful anyways.. acne is minor :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"