Is the point endangered?

Pointy.....

pointy rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ickyshoes.jpg
H90039_030SB.jpg
image1.jpg

I currently wear both pointy and round toes and I love each in its place.

I find square toed shoes utterly hideous...I left all my square toed shoes from when they were last in, in my wardrobe in my home country which I left 4 years ago...and when I saw them again this past summer I thought :cry: :sick: :shock:

These shoes were late 90's cutting edge...I think that if square toes do a comeback I'll just sit out this round...or maybe I'll eat my words too:smile:

After trying pointy pumps, pointy slingbacks, and pointy slides, I was convinced that with my fat toes, I would never, EVER be able to wear pointies.:cry: No matter how ample the toe box was or how oversize the shoe, within minutes my foot would slide down into that tapered cone and start torturing me.:doh:
This spring I saw some pointy boots that were just too cheap to pass up, so I gave it one last try - YAY!:woot: Turns out that the tight instep of the boot keeps my foot from sliding forward, and the point just hangs out there looking pretty and not bothering me in the least!
Of course, now that boot season is over, I have to wait till fall to start wearing them again!:(

Although painful pointy make your legs look the best. They give you a clean line and make you look slimmer IMO. Round toe are cute but tend to make your legs look chunkier and square toes bleck!!!! I hope those never come back!!!!!

Ugh, square toes. I don't like pointy shoes that much - but I wear them with some outfits. I don't want to have deformed feet, so I stick with open toed shoes.

SanDiego said:
Although painful pointy make your legs look the best. They give you a clean line and make you look slimmer IMO. Round toe are cute but tend to make your legs look chunkier and square toes bleck!!!! I hope those never come back!!!!!
I think square toes could be on thier way back, Stella and Karl (who can be so far ahead) showed square toes for F/W. Im indifferent to square toes though Id never rule them out from ever coming back.

Diorling said:
I think square toes could be on thier way back, Stella and Karl (who can be so far ahead) showed square toes for F/W.
And if you count loafers, so did Galliano at Dior and Pilati at YSL. Might be in the cards after all!:o

Emery said:
And if you count loafers, so did Galliano at Dior and Pilati at YSL. Might be in the cards after all!:o
Even more ominous! Balenciaga did square toe for Fall too! Ghesquière was miles ahead of the platform and wedge, he has forcasting credibility...

I think the square toe might become pretty hot for F/W 06. Galliano, Ghesquière and Lagerfeld can't all be wrong, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
pointy toes are classic

the pointed toe is a classic. have you ever seen manolo blahnik or jimmy choo do a round or square toe?- I think not.

The exception would be flats- Pointy toe flats are not classic, and hopefully will dissapear soon

But really, who wears FLATS ? :sick:

stilettogirl84 said:
the pointed toe is a classic. have you ever seen manolo blahnik or jimmy choo do a round or square toe?- I think not.

The exception would be flats- Pointy toe flats are not classic, and hopefully will dissapear soon

But really, who wears FLATS ? :sick:

Agreed on the first. Disagreed with pointy toed flats, I think they're sooo chic and cool, the only style that are acceptable in the already oversaturated flat.

I dont like flats very much, I think they're all pretty much over except the pointed toe flats, which are finally hitting the mainstream.

fall o5- round and square are everywhere-aaaaaaarrrrgh!!

they are so unflattering

00020t.jpg
00040t.jpg
00100t.jpg
00110t.jpg

Fendi_____Burberry___Dolche___Donna Karan

:yuk:

Diorling said:
Agreed on the first. Disagreed with pointy toed flats, I think they're sooo chic and cool, the only style that are acceptable in the already oversaturated flat.

I dont like flats very much, I think they're all pretty much over except the pointed toe flats, which are finally hitting the mainstream.

Maybe I just don't like the pointy toe flats because they make my big feet look like canoes. if i wore a size six I might love them..

i can wear a pointed toe if it has a high enough heel, or with a low heel and wide leg trousers.

stilettogirl84 said:
they are so unflattering

00020t.jpg
00040t.jpg
00100t.jpg
00110t.jpg

Fendi_____Burberry___Dolche___Donna Karan

:yuk:

Those are the worst designers to choose from shoe-wise, except Dolce & Fendi (but they screw up too).

These are the BEST that Ive ever seen a round toe, the Fendi wedges from F/W 04. I love them. :heart:

00100f.jpg
00020f.jpg

These Louis Vuitton Balmoral pumps are really nice as well, I think the pleats make the round toe look much nicer.
00260f.jpg

I love pointy toes in flats, round can be to cuitie-cutie.

Is not a question of what is hot-or not, if the shoe is fabolous then people will buy it, regardless to trends :smile:

pucci_mama said:
Is not a question of what is hot-or not, if the shoe is fabolous then people will buy it, regardless to trends :smile:
If not Jimmy Choo would be up a creek without a paddle

Diorling said:
Those are the worst designers to choose from shoe-wise, except Dolce & Fendi (but they screw up too).
Diorling said:
i agree you're right, donna karan always has ugly shoes, but i saw similar styles all over the runways, and just picked some designers at random

Last edited by a moderator:
Love those Fendi's I would soo hurt myself and anyone near me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->