Isabel Marant F/W 2018.19 Paris

The collection was actually quite tolerable until it got to the end. I bet the last bit was merely a way to guarantee coverage in VP. Although I'm not sure why because she's got Alt in her pocket.

It's all very Marant. Surprised at how desirable some of the men's outfits look. Nothing groundbreaking, but definitely something to behold.

Loved the menswear and the boots! Casting was great too.

The buttons on the first look aren't even straight!

I like the collection. A lot of beautiful pieces but it's so weird how suddenly the few last looks with the sandals took it to a "80's party girl" territory.
She should have went 100% for the cowboy boots.

I like how she made the "cowboy thing from Raf" quite relatable and timeless. It looks very trendy at Calvin Klein but here, it's slightly more desirable.

As Vaccarello has been very inspired by her lately, she should reclaim her throne!

I was more interested in the menswear more than the womenswear. It's not bad but I feel like she showed half of the show last season already. Nonetheless, the outerwear is delicious!

The problem of Isabel Marant in the last years, and particularly for old customers like myself is that she she is faithful to her own personal templates, and if you bought everyone single one of those different templates on previous collections, the new tweaks are not enough to justify a purchase. It doesn’t not help for me that her old collections, at the time when she used to mix Etoile and the mainline on the show are infinitely better than the reworked product. I very rarely nowadays venture into an IM store, the one in London was particularly dire ( why the security guard? You are not Chanel)but I’m still buying old pieces when i get the chance.
This collection is competent, but not enough to rekindle my interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem of Isabel Marant in the last years, and particularly for old customers like myself is that she she is faithful to her own personal templates, and if you bought everyone single one of those different templates on previous collections, the new tweaks are not enough to justify a purchase. It doesn’t not help for me that her old collections, at the time when she used to mix Etoile and the mainline on the show are infinitely better than the reworked product. I very rarely nowadays venture into an IM store, the one in London was particularly dire ( why the security guard? You are not Chanel)but I’m still buying old pieces when i get the chance.
This collection is competent, but not enough to rekindle my interest.

Great point, I agree. I also am old-school and just don't think everyone deserves a runway show, or that they need to have one to be considered a great label. She does what she does well, but none of it's hugely innovative -- or ever has been really, and that's OK.

The look on Liu Wen is pretty to warrant a head turn but that’s about it.

As for the menswear, I don’t get why the interests, it looks very Sandro to me, which is nice but really just very standard fare.

I love Isabel clothes, its fun, sexy and powerful. Really good collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->