Isabel Marant F/W 2019.20 Paris

I really like it, guess i need to start saving. I was looking at pre fall the other day and together with what she said about this new collection i was afraid this show was going to tip over Massimo Dutti territory so I'm pleasantly surprised it has not.

Normally I would hate it! On paper, I hate it but I actually love it.
It’s heavy, very Anne-Marie Beretta, but I like it.
Sometimes i’m amazed because her collections are not at all very accessible lately but she is still very influential and her stuff sells well.
I like the dresses a lot!

And beautiful cast! Her image of « La Parisienne » is finally closer to the reality.

She literally still thinks its 1983 and most of her clothing for years now looks of that time. I have no issues with referencing the past, I myself love early 70s fashion but one should mix influences and periods or inject new ideas , kind of what Ramsay is doing at Chloe. This is just tooooo literal fashion from that year, I would know I lived during this time lol.

she used to be about breezy , flattering clothes for the masses, this seems heavy and dated . What happened?

Going to be the minority and say that I absolutely love this! I've always had such a soft spot for Isabel Marant, her aesthetic and what she stands for, and think this is a coherent and solid collection which flows beautifully.

The colours are gorgeous, the khaki greens, creams and beiges which then flows into those muted reds and pinks and finishing off with the black - colours my wardrobe is filled with. Nothing but love!

I'll take the jumpers, the rest can all be sent to Emmanuelle Alt. She'll only be too happy to fill her magazine with these looks. Marant must have some British roots because the way she deals with her jumpers is masterful. And in general her men's looks are stronger than the womens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->