Isabel Marant F/W 2022.23 Paris

Same old nothing new but wearable and a decent collection

It's very her but it's also very Alexandre Vauthier.

The menswear is stronger here than in her solo collection, but still not necessary in this collection.

She needs to call Alt tho, the styling wasn't the strongest.

A very bad collection if you came here because her name.

I think it´s time someone in her team dares to tell her that Emmanuelle Alt is no longer Vogue Paris editor...

those boots are simply awful... not to mention the "fun" fur.

My first thought after watching this collection was “this is very subpar”.

That being said my favorite thing about IM is that she has a very deep range. Every couple of looks explored a different take on upscale daywear, and the knits here as so homey yet stylish.

The faux leather overalls were great, but the styling hindered their impact. She should have paired with a simple crisp white t-shirt.

Again, subpar, but at least there is something here to work with.

At times it’s very 2003 Chloé, not sure I’m appreciating that vibe…I only like the dress on Mika, the rest feels too drab. The boots are so awful, I don’t know how, why or where you would wear them.

At least she made the effort to design the menswear this time…not that I like it but it’s an improvement.

Not to be mean, but who buys the label ?
I live in Paris, I am in my mid 30s and no one around me cares or buys it. It's really invisible...
They don't have a signature IT bag, their fugly sneakers happened a decade ago.

I am just wondering. Is it a big hit in Asia ? In the States ?

The collection was ok. Very wearable but I didn't like the model's styling. I thought it was off.

This is a bad collection for me…
Her work make sense when she adds sophistication to her street Bobo Parisienne edge.
Not to be mean, but who buys the label ?
I live in Paris, I am in my mid 30s and no one around me cares or buys it. It's really invisible...
They don't have a signature IT bag, their fugly sneakers happened a decade ago.

I am just wondering. Is it a big hit in Asia ? In the States ?

I think maybe the idea of the IM woman is a bit of a cliché now but I do not think that she attracts new customers again.
I think that in Paris, the people who buys it are regular with the brand.

But one of her strength is to have developed a real retail network in France. She can conquer markets like Asia and the US but she has stores in Bordeaux, Lille, Toulouse, Marseille, Lyon…etc. And she doesn’t have that luxury positioning.
Im sure she is a hit in France. Because if you pay attention to the way French women dresses in offices, for a majority, it’s very IM-ish.
Her work is very inconsistent but when she does great (fall 2019), she does great!

This is a bad collection for me…
Her work make sense when she adds sophistication to her street Bobo Parisienne edge.

I think maybe the idea of the IM woman is a bit of a cliché now but I do not think that she attracts new customers again.
I think that in Paris, the people who buys it are regular with the brand.

But one of her strength is to have developed a real retail network in France. She can conquer markets like Asia and the US but she has stores in Bordeaux, Lille, Toulouse, Marseille, Lyon…etc. And she doesn’t have that luxury positioning.
Im sure she is a hit in France. Because if you pay attention to the way French women dresses in offices, for a majority, it’s very IM-ish.
Her work is very inconsistent but when she does great (fall 2019), she does great!

You may have a point regarding IM not attracting new customers. Appears someone who owns a majority stake in the company is shopping it around: (Source: Miss Tweed).

Bohemian chic label Isabel Marant is for sale. Capri is interested

i have entirely given up on Isabel Marant at this point...

as soon as emanuelle alt got involved, it all went down the drain and she lost all integrity...

RIP...

:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"