Isabel Marant for H&M

i really hate that the website fools you into thinking it's in stock :lol:

i really started liking the women's top with the ruched sleeves the last couple of days and it says it's there but when i go to checkout it's not!! agh! :P

Right now I want the H&M ecommerce manager fired! I mean its basic ecommerce 101 if it isn't IN STOCK it shouldn't be showing as 'in stock' on the live website! It's just infuriating!

The only things I really wanted were the leather pants (purchased :D ) and the grey wool jacket - which I still hope to get at £99 and not over £200 like its going on eBay... its showing online, I can add it to my basket but yet again - try and checkout and it says it's out of stock! Well take it off the site then FFS! How hard can it be?!

I wouldn't pay over £200 for anything H&M, sorry but that's a joke price point for that shop!

If I am to pay over £200 for Isabel Marant it will be for Etoile Isabel Marant not H&M!!!

I gave my nearest store a visit today, and all I came out with was a bunch of catalogues with the advertising campaign images inside. I overheard a few customers asking staff if they had any pieces left but there was just.. nothing. You could see the frustration on their faces after being told it was sold out. I'm so pleased I managed to order what I was after online. I noticed a few people in the street wearing a few pieces and thought they looked great.

Either they worked the stock levels out right or it was just the most popular one yet, there's barely anything in London wherever I've been today either.

Here's my shopping experience on the 14th of November.

I had a couple of pieces in mind, and I would actually cry if I didn't got my hands on the women's blue and red cardigan, as I was so in love with...

I left the house at 4am to go to the Knightsbridge H&M anx there was 2 people on the queue. I have to say that if i went at 6:30 I wouldn't be that far away, but by 7:30, the queue was huge.

Obviously I was in the first slot, 9:10, and I went straight to the woman's collection to grab the cardigan. And so did I. With a bunch of other stuff, such as the blue print tank top, the grey long sleeve t-shirt, a coat, and a pair of boots. To be honest, I didn't even look at the accessories, 10 minutes is not a long time... After that, I went to the men's section and grabbed the last white wool jumper and the black and white long sleeve t-shirt.

Tried everything on (actually was amazed with the fabric and quality) and off to the cashier.

Today I was able to buy the silver bomber jacket and a pair of the black suede shoes, hopefully everything will be shipped.

I've been saving for this event for quite a while, and although I spent a small fortune I was able to top up my wardrobe with some great quality items.

Very happy bunny.

Either they worked the stock levels out right or it was just the most popular one yet, there's barely anything in London wherever I've been today either.

I think you're right with the stock levels, when you take into account what happened with the Margiela over stocking problems last year.

went to the pre-launch in Vienna, got this

i JUST fit in there. if i wear a shirt underneath. but i love the detailing. glad that i still fit into kids sizes.

there were quite a few tuxedo jackets left in Vienna at the pre-launch. same with jewelry. i think most people got the shaggy b/w cardigan and the boots. the menswear was entirely uninspiring to me, IM is not exactly MY type of designer (loved Lanvin, couldn't find basically anything i liked from Versace, except for the leather sleeved coat)

That's the boy coat, right? How's the quality/cut? I'm strongly considering getting it because it's 80% wool and looks beautiful, but I already bought the girl wool blazer.

Today is November 17th and I went to my local H&M store (in Shanghai) to see if there are any pieces left. To my surprise, there are plenty of them! Only two or three key pieces are nowhere to see (the big cardigan Daria wears in the catalog, the beaded jacket Andreea wears in the catalog, and the coats).

For menswear (which I am so interested in), the sweater is sold out. I tried the coats out and they are extremely big imo! I wear size S and it still looks BIG on me. The leather pants are good to look at but hard to pull off. I absolutely love the boots! I tried them on twice but left them in the end. Still very expensive for me.

Anyway, this is my first experience with my hands on the collaborative collection of H&M. I truly do hope there will be discount later. As I know, they did have discount for the former collections for MMM and even Marni.

I wanted the black scarf that was only available at the pre-event which I obviously did not get in the shop and the sweater with a hoodie or without it but with that pattern but both were sold out...I did purchase everything else that I wanted though so I can't complain (I am especially happy about the dress that seems so popular with celebrities at the moment as it is lovely indeed, the boots from the girls' collection and the grey sweatshirt which is cosy)

hm.com

no luck to get those...

Attachments

• hmprod.jpg
    hmprod.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1
  • hmprod2.jpg
    hmprod2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
The men's boots didn't seem to go down well online, they've been almost fully stocked since the beginning.

At present the womenswear is approximately 82% sold through apparently.

After a day in stores around the country the remaining stock was all sent directly to Regent Street, so even though other stores in Newcastle, Glasgow etc carried the line it was only for a day.

I could only buy the dress Milla Jovovich wore in ad campaign with fringe boots.It was one of the pieces ı wanted but there was no jeans, no sweater,no scarves no tops and skirts.so I only bought the dress.the other night I went there again hoping some returns would be but no.There were returns of shiney dress so not helping.I wish there were some my size jeans back or at least one sweater.no.all sold out.I saw in SA's hand that white lace top but he did not put back to IM part I guess then I saw it in a woman's hand.I started to look if she would put it back but no.Huge dissapointment again:angry: it was another piece ı wanted but prob not my size it was.anyway.return policy was in 2 days for Istanbul so no hope anymore :doh:

all photos by me

Attachments

• imm1.jpg
    imm1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 4
  • imm2.jpg
    imm2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 6
  • imm3.jpg
    imm3.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
I wish we had online shopping for Turkiye too, its not fair for people working in weekdays right?and even after , because the collection did not go online we have to go to their stores everytime to check out but not fair and nice.

Completely read the launch date wrong, thought it was today. Lolol

But went on us site last night and able to purchase a few items which i am pleasantly surprised about. It says shipped, but ya never know....

Her success is amazing but not surprising, i still have a wool coat Isabel Marant did years ago and love it to bits, i also have a few pairs of her pants before the prices went crazy...

Adore her fashion aesthetic!

Can someone enlighten me about the price hike in her mainline? When did the prices go up and how much were they before??? Thanks.

i remember buying things around ss2010 and i think maybe after fw2010 the same kind of styles went up...so dresses that were £300 are now £600..

but i think etoile has actually got less expensive which is at least good :D

i was in between sizes in the black leather pants. i ended up getting a US size 6. the 4 was slightly tight.

i also ended up getting a silver belt for 50$.

the 199$ wool blend coat runs massively large. even the 32 was big on me. i expect people will return the coats.

the dress that rosie huntington whitley and kirsten dunst wore has fraying issues. i would advise against getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It had a raw edge construction all along the neckline and edging I noticed, I presumed that was all intentional?

It had a raw edge construction all along the neckline and edging I noticed, I presumed that was all intentional?

its intentional but it has unintentional consequences. it caused further rips in the material.

i am hoping someday there will be a concerted effort or movement to give the ebay resellers crummy feedback.

i was in between sizes in the black leather pants. i ended up getting a US size 6. the 4 was slightly tight.

i also ended up getting a silver belt for 50$.

the 199$ wool blend coat runs massively large. even the 32 was big on me. i expect people will return the coats.

the dress that rosie huntington whitley and kirsten dunst wore has fraying issues. i would advise against getting it.

Well then if people bought the items online - and return them it'll take 3 weeks before those items are relisted (stocked) on the website again. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->