Isabel Marant S/S 10 Paris

well the shoes are pretty hideous but some of the rest is cute

Too much going on with the styling... and I hate ruffled mini skirts, but the jackets are just perfect.

Terrible. Alt's styling usually takes away from the beauty of Marant's designs, but now it seems that both have melded into a ball of banality. There is nothing to covet here. The pieces are just so commonplace and dull. Why pay @ this pricept. when the same stuff is @ Zara for a fraction of the price? Quality maybe, but who cares about quality when the aesthetic is so painfully trite? One-shoulder, ruffled tops? It's like a slap in the face to I.Marant fans, honestly... :ninja:

I thought last season was pretty chic and a big step forward into a sort of Left-Bank elegance.

This looks like mall-clothes, with styling.

ITA. I am really disappointed by this because last season was soooooo good.

i really like it, it seems this outfits could hit the streets right away! it's very refreshing :D:heart:

some dresses are extremely lovely, but some looks remind me too much of balmain and the collection as a whole is just bad. emmanuelle is "addicted" to a certain style and it seems that she can't get over it. it was interesting a while ago but now it's just predictable and it doesn't always work... the banality of this collection isn't just due to the styling though.

No, this is awful. A major step back from last season. The fabrics look cheap, and the color palette is horrendous. However those are the only two things she changed from last season. There's no evolution. I'm very disappointed.

^ absolutely, you said most of what I was going to say

absolutely no forward movement at all.. in fact even backward movement would have been better than this. :ninja: It looks so cheap.. even if the last few seasons of IM have been lacking creativity, at least they still managed to hold on to some semblance of that easy, French chic that she does well.. but this doesn't even have that. it looks so tacky... completely uninspired.. and those colours, my god, what is going on with that pink ? :mellow:

it's quite sad to watch someone move season after season toward something like this.. those slouchy boots, the structured blazers, the low slung pants and belts and little skirts.. they are so overdone, and these aren't even nice versions of pieces that are already far too trendy. I don't think we can blame this all on E. Alt.. i just wonder what IM is actually thinking sending this out..

The show i was waiting for...but i'm really disappointed.

Some individual pieces are nice, they always are, but the the aesthetic feel of all the collection is TOTALLY wrong.

I would say it is too deep rue Oberkampf but in the shop window (the best in Paris) it is usually just right, so be it. Life is a paradox.

i cannot get enough of isabel marant. although she's left the big boys to fight over their visions of the future, she's presented us with one of the most authentic and delightful snapshots of the present. it's sad to see many in this forum beat down and eat one of their own because i know many a fashionable girl who'd happily wear this stuff but for the funds to purchase it. yes, these sort of clothes have made the mass market retailers a ton of money NOT because it's unoriginal, but because they rip it off and sell it to people who claim to find it 'uninspired.'

thankfully, marant does it better and it shows. and i have always loved myself a summer fur.

I am never objective when it comes to Marant, but I really love it. Isabel Marant was always a lot bohemian so you can't really blame that aspect, and what I love about her is that contrary to other shows, you can really wear the clothes in your everyday life, that's probably why some of you in the thread compares this to Zara, but really? There is no comparision to make in my opinion. Marant knows about quality, details, elegance, bohemian touch... I don't understand people expecting something else from her.... It's obvious you're not going to get westwood in that show !

Such an insult to Marant fans - I loved Alt's influence at first, but this - this is just plain lazy, uninspired and painfully banal.

^ i disagree - Marant was ALOT BETTER than this. To say this is typical Marant is imo pretty insulting, this is way beneath Marant. A huge step down into mediocrity (and Balmain-blandness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->