Isabella Blow Auction Cancelled

farou7a

Reaction score
THE planned auction of Isabella Blow's wardrobe has been cancelled after a private bidder, thought to be Daphne Guinness, bought the entire lot. The collection, which includes pieces from Alexander McQueen, Philip Treacy and John Galliano, was planned to take place in September at Christie's.

"The reaction to news of the Isabella Blow collection has been a tribute to the dedication and style of a true fashion muse," said Patricia Frost, Christie's director, vintage fashion and textiles, to WWD. "The executors are delighted that their sister's estate can now be settled, and are very confident the collection has found the perfect home."

The sale, which was organised by Blow's sisters, was to include over 90 McQueen dresses, 50 Treacy hats and portraits of Blow by photographer Mario Testino and Chanel creative director Karl Lagerfeld. A coffee table book that was to accompany the sale will still be published in September.
vogue.com

Attachments

• blow.jpg
    blow.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 7
Daphne Guinness is a gangsta for that. Love that she throws down dollars to protect the Blow fashion inheritance.

Ohhh... I love whoever bought the whole collection for keeping all of Isbella's clothes together. Who knows... maybe they will do a exhibit of her clothes? That would be pretty amazing... :smile:

Does Daphne Guinness need a slave? Good on her for refusing to let go of that treasure.

i think that is incredible that Daphne bought the whole lot, but its went to the perfect person, a person who can admire them to their full and they also have a sentimental value to her
I'm glad it wasn't split to all 4 corners of the globe

I don't know - on the one hand, I agree it's great that Izzy's taste will be 'immortalized' I like the idea that many could have a piece of her collection and her influence would spread - I mean it's not like the clothes were going to go to riff-raff on the street. Anyone bidding would know who Isabella was and appreciate her style and what she brought. But it's nice that her collection will live on and be taken care of....

Not really surprised by this news. Glad that her items are going to a good home.

I'm so glad Issie's collection will stay together, and that it'll be in the possession of someone who appreciates clothes almost as much as she did. I do hope there'll be an exhibition of them someday, though- I'd never have afforded so much as a feather on one of her hats, but I would love to see them someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"