Issey Miyake Spring-summer '04 Paris

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Diverse moods from Naoki Takizawa and the house of Issey Miyake,
i loved the hair style and the 'quiet' part of the collection (beige tones)

His colour play, is still very interesting, too overpowering for me though :ninja:

here a first taste from this, please bring in more pictures if you can

oh lena! i love the two beige floral print dresses. i love the mix of japanese style and victorian... :heart: :heart: and i love the closeup of the head bands and necklace. i look forward to seeing more.

Hmmm, I don't know quite what to think. :unsure: Miyake has been so beautiful the past 2 seasons and now this. :doh: I like the dresses in your pictures, Lena. The pictures on Vogue Paris didn't impress me at all. I'll have to wait and see the rest of the pictures before I can make my final judgement. :ninja:

00040f.jpg
00180f.jpg

00510f.jpg
00550f.jpg

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 4:45 am
Hmmm, I don't know quite what to think. :unsure: Miyake has been so beautiful the past 2 seasons and now this. :doh: I like the dresses in your pictures, Lena. The pictures on Vogue Paris didn't impress me at all. I'll have to wait and see the rest of the pictures before I can make my final judgement. :ninja:
True, it seems too young and casual. :doh:

i can see what you mean Astrid and Igni, so right taken from the Paris Vogue pictures posted

the pictures i've posted last night, were from AP , just a 'journalistic' mix & match, I also need to see this closely, but at least hair and make up and those beige bg prints were cool :wink:

mmmm I like actually. Love the hair and just some of the flow of the skirts. i agree it's casual but does everything have to be overdone?!

More pictures :arrow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. :shock:

:arrow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do no tunderstand thsi colelction :wacko:

to much prints wierd feeling , i dount know Im not a fan Naoki :doh:

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 8:06 pm
What's not to understand? :blink: :lol:
there is just to much going on, tehre are all teh prints, the diying, the rock/bondage influences, id outn know it just ahs no focus otehr than the sillouhet , but liek i said im not a fan of naoki

I see what you're saying. But also remember that I only post the outfits that I think contribute to the overall theme of the collection. I don't post all the pictures, even though sometimes it must look like I do. :blush: This is only half of the collection. :flower:

Well, I see what Noaki is trying to go for and he did quite accomplish it, though this 'theme' has been already done. :doh:

He did a good job of showing a brilliant use of dyes and color, while being very controled and direct. :wink:

Love :shock: the black and white pieces.

I also see some Junya S/S '03 influences in some prints and silhouettes. :unsure:

Thanks, Astrid! :flower:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:03 pm
Well, I see what Noaki is trying to go for and he did quite accomplish it, though this 'theme' has been already done. :doh:

He did a good job of showing a brilliant use of dyes and color, while being very controled and direct. :wink:

I also see some Junya S/S '03 influences in some prints and silhouettes. :unsure:

What theme did he take? And from whom did he take it from?

Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:14 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:14 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:03 pm

What theme did he take? And from whom did he take it from? [/b][/quote]
Umm.. it doesn't really have a 'name' or term but other designers have done very similar things like this. :flower:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:17 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:17 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:14 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32
@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:03 pm

Umm.. it doesn't really have a 'name' or term but other designers have done very similar things like this. :flower:[/b][/quote]
That's a little vague. :neutral: Don't all collections remind you of something else you once saw? With exception to a few designers, of course. :flower:

Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:17 pm
Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:14 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32
@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:03 pm

Umm.. it doesn't really have a 'name' or term but other designers have done very similar things like this. :flower:
That's a little vague. :neutral: Don't all collections remind you of something else you once saw? With exception to a few designers, of course. :flower: [/b][/quote]
What I was trying to say was the theme isn't really new. And past designers did this certain theme. :flower:

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 8:36 pm
I see what you're saying. But also remember that I only post the outfits that I think contribute to the overall theme of the collection. I don't post all the pictures, even though sometimes it must look like I do. :blush: This is only half of the collection. :flower:
i ahve seen the otehr pics of the collection, wich actually amke me think it is even more of a jumble than the pics you posted. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->