Istanbul shopping

aya80

Reaction score
In two weeks I'm going to Istanbul. I know the city (so,so), since this is not my first time there, but there must be a lot I dont know. Someone who lives there any advice for some good shopping?
Thanks, Aya

You can go to Beymen if you are intested in designer clothes.Beymen is located in Abdi Ipekcı Street in Nisantasi.If you wanna buy lovely dresses ,you can to go Machka .It's also on the same street.

you should check certain shops in istiklal street but they are located in big passages like aznavur, atlas etc.

and there is also a nice shop called Bis near the French Street just next to Cezayir Restaurant

and if you like designer clothes you should go to abdi ipekci ave. in nisantasi

you can go to this store it's in Galatasaray ,but I don't know the street :unsure:

Attachments

• tara0001.jpg
    tara0001.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 4
from the same store

Attachments

• tara0002.jpg
    tara0002.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 4
stick with nisantasi/osmanbey or akmerkesz or istiklal street
you'll be fine

do you have versace, louis vuitton or burberry, hermes shops there? I have heard that there is also a harper's bazaar turkish edition, is that right?

yes there is a harper's bazaar turkish edition
there are louis vuitton ,and burberry shops,but as far as I know there isn't any versace or hermes .
Harvey nichols will open a store in september

Sos)))

Hi! I'm going to Istanbul in a few weeks..

so.. i wonder if there are Bottega Veneta, Marc Jacobs, Bally, Chloe, Vivienne Westwood, Mathew Williams(on?) haha and Chanel?)))

i'm sorry for such a big list)))

tia :innocent:

^ You can find nearly all of them in Istinye Park Mall. It is a bit far away from the city center (like 20-25 min cab ride) but it will be worth it if you are really into designer stuff.

any new tips about shopping in istanbul? i'm not really interested in designers' stores but i would like to know smaller special shops which would be worth to check. especially i would like to know if there's anything interesting in sisli district. i'm gonna stay there so i suppose it would be the easiest for lonely shopping.

^ There are various quarters in Sisli. One of them is Nisantasi area. Nisantasi is one of the most upscale neighborhoods in Istanbul. If you walk around Abdi İpekci and Vali Konagi streets, you will see many of the luxury and mainstream brands you can think of. If you walk up Rumeli Street towards the underground station, you'll probably walk through the garment district which has a more downtown feel to it.

If I were you, I would take the underground and also visit Kanyon shopping mall in Levent. Levent is the new part of the city. It is the one of the most beautiful open-air malls you'll ever see and it's only a 5 min. ride.

You can also take the opposite direction and go to Taksim. Central Taksim is over-crowded though. You may want to walk directly to Tünel and Galata areas (through Istiklal Street) to see the local designer boutiques and cafés around.

thank you for advice! i'm now so excited that can't wait to get there. thanks again :smile:

ooh am going to istanbul in a couple of weeks and am soo excited! :D

Long time when I asked help and I haven't even shared my experience. I was a lucky girl since I actually stayed in Nisantasi! Oh well how many lovely stores there but not only luxury also something for student budget. I really liked Cevahir shopping center, it was like paradise for me since I'm from small town where we don't have i.e. Mango. Unfortunately I didn't have much time for shopping as you can guess when I was travelling with a man... :D Even though Taksim was crowded I really did love it! And again I was super happy to bump into Top Shop etc. :D

I really do envy you, Snow-White. I want to go too! Istanbul is amazing city and not just for shopping. It offers something for everyone! I do miss Istanbul and wishing to stay there a few weeks in autumn.

A friend and I are going to be in Istanbul for 5 nights in about 2 weeks time. We will be staying in a hotel in Sultanahmet. Im not so bothered about international designers, but where is the best place to shop for clothes by local designers? Are there any specific ones I should be looking out for?

Any general tips in regards to restaurants/things to see & do etc, are also welcome :smile:

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser and a place for manicure?

when i was living in Istanbul, i always went to different places. but the city changes so fast and if someone knows a nice place please please please let me know :heart:

since i go to visit Istanbul in 2 weeks, i take the opportunity to dye my hair there and make a manicure :P:P it is so much cheaper :blush:

there are great shopping malls in istanbul.If you want designer pieces you can go to Istinyepark mall and Kanyon.at Kanyon shopping mall theres Harvey Nichols.also so many high street brands are avaible in Istanbul such as Zara, Topshop, Mango, Stradivarius many more.:wink:

What's the VAT rate in Turkey? Can foreigner get VAT refund when shopping? Plan a trip to it in the future and also plan some shopping...:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->