Istanbul Street Style

Andymoon - I know, his legs are crazy thin. I looked hugee next to him as a female :smile:

Thanks larien :flower:

Blueberry muffin
- amen to that! :D

hey everyone!I'm a fashion blogger from istanbul great to see istanbul street style in forums and yay I've found tfs members from istanbul :D

hey! I'm from istanbul too (living abroad).. I'm happy to see this thread but it can do more! it is not easy to notice the gems under ten millions of people but they are there. and same with the istanbul street style blog...it began so well but it hasn't been updated in ages, why? I would love to see more going on there too. btw punkie: I just checked your blog, same there girl!! :D will you keep it up? I would definitely keep checking, looks good. :wink:

I will post 'real' street photos here myself, once I'm back in istanbul. until then I want to share three photos with you although they are not strictly speaking street shots..

lately I have been following photographers from turkey on deviantart or flickr or the like. they are talented, stylish and they are ridiculously young! so here you go:
e__in__s__s__h___by_bmkoc.jpg

ananas_by_bmkoc.jpg

I_ve_got_under_my_skin_by_bmkoc.jpg

all three photos from http://bmkoc.deviantart.com/

I love fashion blogs and istanbul street style:woot:

I will post istanbul street style pictures next time when I have more free time

yay!:D

those pictures you post are gorgeous from deviantart:blush:

I :heart: Istanbul street style!
There's a very good website on it http://www.modaturkiye.com/

By the way, I've noticed when I've been to Istanbul, that nobody's wearing heels, at least during day-time. Everyone prefers comfortable shoes/boots etc., I think that's cool!

Istanbul has one of the most interesting style, even hijabi girls have a wicked fashion sense.

according to my mother (who lived in turkey for a long time) turkish girls are the most beautiful girls in the world, and know how to dress :smile:
i love the girl's glasses in post #246 (the red ones)

^Hmm, as a Turkish girl, i want to reply this question :D
Turkish girls love to look feminine all the time.. Bohemian, edgy, boyish-like styles are not for most of the girls in here. That's why you can see girls with good make-up and nice hair around all the time..

^
but even if a Turkish girl is wearing casual/sporty clothing, she still would have a very good make-up (that is put on very beautifully and as I've noticed it always includes blush) and her hair would be very well styled.
me and my friend were even joking when we were in Istanbul, that not only do I look like a Turkish girl (dark hair etc), but I also do the same make up! :smile: I prefer bronzer/blush too and mostly don't go out of home without them :smile:
may I ask you, Turkish girls are not really fans of heels/shoes with high heels, right?

^
but even if a Turkish girl is wearing casual/sporty clothing, she still would have a very good make-up (that is put on very beautifully and as I've noticed it always includes blush) and her hair would be very well styled.
me and my friend were even joking when we were in Istanbul, that not only do I look like a Turkish girl (dark hair etc), but I also do the same make up! :smile: I prefer bronzer/blush too and mostly don't go out of home without them :smile:
may I ask you, Turkish girls are not really fans of heels/shoes with high heels, right?

As a Turkish girl,I would like to answer your heel question by saying it depends but the city is not "heels friendly" one , I think most of them likes to wear heels but they can't . Most of the Turkish girls like make up, sometimes a lot :wink:I think the well styled hair is the outcome of cheap service prices ( like blow dries, styling, manicures..etc) in Turkey in comparison with other countries.

The city is very big, there are many ups and downs or hills I must say( Istanbul was established on seven hills), the roads are not easy to walk, very bumpy sometimes and we don't have subway to everywhere.These are the reasons in my opinion.

I love living in istanbul.there are different places of istanbul that has different sense of style.Taksim is the free spirit very inspirational and wild ,and Nisantasi is elegant and posh... :smile:

WOW. I have got to get to Istanbul. I had no idea it was such a funky and eccentric place. It does seem quite European.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->