Italian style

Ingunn

Reaction score
Italian fashion

I've heard that the Italians are one of the most stylish and chic people in the world.. so.. When I saw the thread about french style, I'd like to learn more about the Italian fashion :flower:

does anyone know what's hot there, and how is the style and clothing there in general?

I'd appreciate any kind of respond, photos, articles, links and so on

Ingunn said:
I've heard that the Italians are one of the most stylish and chic people in the world.. so.. When I saw the thread about french style, I'd like to learn more about the Italian fashion :flower:

does anyone know what's hot there, and how is the style and clothing there in general?

I'd appreciate any kind of respond, photos, articles, links and so on

Somebody lied to you, dude
:P :ninja:

when i was there i found people sported the most amazing eye glasses, also i remember
a lot of fur.

ok..
I looked at the europeian (sp?) streat style thread, and found that the people there (at least on the pictures) wasn't that stylish after all ..

Hm. I think of Italian style as generally having to do w/some nice fabrics, but a taste for brighter colors and more modern lines than some other countries. (This is not a 'current trends' opinion.. just to say that some of the stuff that makes it out of Italy to the U.S. is a little on the modern, bold and loud side.) But I think of fine craftsmanship, too.

FWIW as to the glasses thing, southern Germany had a thing for unique eyeglasses.

italians=flashy
i really dont like Italian street style...
the majority is a bit trashy, quite flashy and basically non-chic but..
good taste Italians even though a minority they are extremely stylish

travolta said:
when i was there i found people sported the most amazing eye glasses, also i remember
a lot of fur.

This is all I'm getting from that description...

0B11AC4B.JPG
http://www.pickabook.co.uk/covers/feb2004/0B11AC4B.JPG

^ha something like that! and i would love to go to southern germany to check out their unique eye glasses.

cbcb, i agree w/ your description of italian style. i didn't find people really trashy, but i was also there during the winter so everyone was covered up in leather and fur.

I've been in summer, extremely trendy, lots of D&G..again, trendy is the main word where I went...:yuk:

Lena said:
agreed, whenever I go to Italy I notice that the people who are well dressed are incredibly well dressed :flower:

Lena said:
italians=flashy

yes that's what I thought:flower:

I want to see more of is the good taste Italians
not the trashy and flashy:doh:

so if anyone have any pics or links or articles or anything about them, I'd appreciate:flower:

oooh, I think the Italians have greta style - go and visit Milan - if you go to a shopping center in the aftrenoon people make the effort. They have great style.

I used to live in Milan... I agree with Lena. Mostly flash, labels and tans with a few amazing exceptions.

ok. I'm going to Rome, Florenz and some other little town in Toscana, so I can see for my self

Lena said:
italians=flashy

I agree with Lena - on the whole I don't like Italian style (esp. the men) but some are incredibly stylish and glamourous.

i have a book about this that soeone gave me...
italian chic...

it talks about the basics like good quality...
quality over quantity...having less but better quality clothing...
fine leather goods...
the many ways to tie a scarf...

but i think the 'classic' idea of italian style had evolved into something more like what people are speaking of above...i think that on the whole, italians used to make more of an effort to look good than they do now...at least this is what i hear from my family...

the south seems to have invaded the north a bit...
i always think they seem to overdo it with the accessories...
always one too many 'things'
so it doesn't necessarily look 'bad'...
just a little 'too much'...

imo...:flower:

I liked your post softie. My inclination is to dislike italian fashion or "style" for a number of reasons - e.g. the fact it is a bit of a cliche, the perma-tans, their incessant use of beiges and coffee tones (which make me look insipid:( ), and most of all, that Italians themselves are quite conceited about being regarded as stylish.

However those points that you mention about tying scarves and leather goods etc are very true and good things. They have rules, like English tailoring has rules, but there is an undoubted flair, and when done to its best, effortlessness about Italian style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->