J. Lo's Sweetface line in US discontinued

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
Jennifer Lopez No Longer Selling Fashion Line in US

Jennifer Lopez generally stays one step ahead when it comes to business, so we think she's probably making a smart move by calling it quits with her last remaining U.S.-based apparel brand, Sweetface, according to WWD. The spring '09 collection is in stores now, but this marks the end of any Jennifer Lopez-branded apparel in the United States.

Even though we know she's doing the smart thing, we can't help but be a little sad. After all, Lopez was one of the first now-ubiquitous celebrities to launch a fashion line.

Don't fret, though, the JLo by Jennifer Lopez brand is still sold in 40 countries with 38 freestanding stores. And, Lopez' presence is far from gone here in the States -- her JLo by Jennifer Lopez costume jewelry is still carried by Macy's, and the Victoria's Secret catalogue continues to carry her shoe collection.

Additionally, Lopez has found a great deal of success in the world of fragrance. Working with Coty, she's launched six popular scents, and the seventh is on its way. Shop them at the end of this post.

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/06/24/jennifer-lopez-no-longer-selling-fashion-line-in-u-s?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl3|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stylelist.com%2Fblog%2F2009%2F06%2F24%2Fjennifer-lopez-no-longer-selling-fashion-line-in-u-s

she's losing money for this venture i suppose

who does this surprise? the brand fed off her star power and she's not dropped a hit album or film in some time. as her star fades, so do the revenues from this line.

Well she is never fully going away.. the images of almost every tween in american wearing those pink J.lo tracksuits unfortunately may never leave my mind..

But it must be hard for those involved in the business/manufacturing part of the the brand.. whenever one of these labels close I think of all the jobs lost. =X as much as I dislike the brand.. that sucks =/

hahaha....all i can say is,to concur....good riddance. that's one down,about 15 others to go :wink:

I don't get it: who buys her stuff, or even care about her at this point, outside the US anyways? Frags are one thing, but her clothing? Celeb lines do not sell that well, we all know it, but which country could be a market for 'her image' is a puzzling question.

It isn't 2002 anymore...

lol, but she was relevant.

Her mother image is not marketable, back in 2002, she was the sexy slvt! That was sell-able and desirable by some. But I remember those hideous collections, of some I remember with heartache and terror.

There was one huge white mink 70s sun hat or something Naomi had worn for instance.... [shudders with fear] horrid.

Relevant is a matter of perspective and bias. Think this is the first of many "over-expanded" lines built on a name and a PR image that shall go by the wayside as the economy further implodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->