J.W. Anderson F/W 2018.19 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 17, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

5. john2elmejor

john2elmejor Active Member

It's a nice collection! Very cohesive

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

There are a few interesting pieces but overall this is a little bit boring. I prefer him at Loewe.

7. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

He must be feeling some pressure to bring in the cash. Doing collabs with Uniqlo and Converse, cutting the menswear show, and the last few collections have been shockingly commercial. This is good tho, and it's great how he can balance creativity and wearability so well... but I miss when he would go wild with ideas, even when he would take too far at times.

8. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Active Member

i find raf looking very serious while snuggling up to his boy in the background very distracting

collection looks alright, looks a lot better made than before for some reason

9. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

It isn't the most groundbreaking or exciting, indeed, but I absolutely love it. Really like the colors and the more languid shapes. It feels very cozy.

10. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

This collection has almost everything that we can ask on those horrendous times: it's clearly commercial but he's getting fun, the color palette is very nice, the clothes sometimes looks a bit weird (which is right for him) and it's probably the first mixed show that works. Is he going to be successful with this offering? Of course.

BUT DAMN, I'M MISSING THE UGLY, THE SHOCKING, THE EXTRAVAGANT FACTOR. THE JW ANDERSON'S PAST COLLECTIONS USED TO BE THE EVENT OF THE WEEK.

It's a really nice collection but very forgettable at the same time.

I guess we can only count with him at Loewe now.

11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The menswear is so goood!!!! Wow!
    One thing about JWA is that the quality of his construction has evolved. Even the fabrics seems more luxurious.
    A lot of good pieces because the house is not so much about silhouettes. One thing that would be interesting for him is to actually challenge himself more in terms of construction.

Cutting in biais can add more complexity to his garnments and also make them more flattering!

But the menswear is so good that Jean-Georges should wear the whole thing! He is so handsome!

12. June

June Well-Known Member

^ I agree about the menswear. I especially love the pullover in the 4th look from the 3rd posting.

13. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

Ok so im already OBSESSED with this collection. I never been so starstruck about a JWA menswear so bad, like ever. I always found his menswear cute, but not for me, this time is different, the clothes are talking to me this time. The pants and that coat on the last look just amazing :flower:

This 'gender fluid' vision is perfect for him (I think I already saw mens wearing his womenswear BTW) hope he still pursuing that in the next seasons.
    He could do something like this at Loewe, but first the mens clothes have to "grow up" a little to be a perfect match with the Loewe woman.

#13 ghostwriter10549, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Silver_Hippie: Feb 17, 2018
  14. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I echo everyone’s sentiments - this does seem commercial, but it is absolutely beautiful at the same time. It strikes the perfect balance for me. And the menswear was my cup of tea, as usual.

On a side note, can we please take a moment of silence for Raf holding his boyfriend’s hand during the ENTIRE show :shock: Like, chill. No one’s going to steal him.

#14 dodencebt, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited by moderator yojimbo: Feb 17, 2018
  15. IZ uS

IZ uS Member

or maybe he just wants to be rich...He seems to be doing a very good job at it too.

16. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

great proportions and accessories!!
    i like this collection a lot - especially those low tied satin dresses.
    it feels young & alive