J.W. Anderson Resort 2016

It's cool, I like it. Some pieces are really interesting, but it's J.W.Anderson so it's expected. I can see some Vuitton hints, but it's not as literal as last Rodarte collection so I don't have a big problem with it.

This is good! So good! But seriously, it could have been a great Balenciaga collection (without the ridiculous and pretentious ruffles footwear).
I see a lot of Nicolas Ghesquière in it. A good mix of some of his Balenciaga years (resort 2013, fall 2005) and some of his Vuitton years (resort 2015, spring 2015).

The first silhouette is actually the only real "JWA" silhouette of this collection.

It is a good remix collection and even if sometimes i'm annoyed of seeing Nicolas's work on every designer's collections, when it is that great, i have to applaud!

This should all be packed into a metal capsule, melded shut and dropped off into the ocean. It is all offensive to the eyes.

I wish I could unsee those abominations that are passing for shoes. Especially the gold ones, oh, the gold ones... :cry:

I mean, there are some nice blouses here, I guess? I don't mind the denim pieces either, surprisingly. But that look with the rouched lamé buttoned skirt and the red printed "NEW" sweater is one of the ugliest looks I've had the displeasure of seeing in a fashion collection. (And I feel like I said the same thing for another look in another collection of his?)

I commend him for trying to be different every season but once again, there's nothing desirable about these clothes.

I'm fascinated by the strangeness of these clothes, and while it's hard to see anybody over 20 in these looks , some of the individual pieces have an undeniable force

This is such an interesting collection and while I don't like every piece, there are definitely some great looks here. I think it's quite refreshing that he does his own thing which stands out compared to other 'generic' designers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->