Jack white marries Karen Elson

callaLily

Reaction score
from people.com:
White Stripes frontman Jack White, whose ex Renée Zellweger was married just last month, is now a married man himself, according to a posting on the band's Web site.

White exchanged vows with model Karen Elson (who appears in the group's "Blue Orchid" video) in the Brazilian city of Manaus on Wednesday, according to the statement, which the band's rep confirmed to PEOPLE. Elson's reps declined comment on the model's nuptials.

According to the Web posting, the wedding took place "on the confluence of three rivers – the Rio Negro, the Solimones and the Amazon," and was officiated "by a traditional shaman priest on a canoe at the exact point where the three rivers met."

The ceremony – at which Stripes manager Ian Montone served as best man and Stripes drummer Meg White was maid of honor – was attended "by a small party of close friends" and "was immediately followed by a blessing by a priest at a Catholic cathedral called Igreja Matric," the posting goes on to say.

The wedding seems to have caught everyone by surprise, including the band's own rep. "I didn't know," Chloe Walsh tells PEOPLE. The White Stripes plan to perform in Europe during the summer before touring the U.S. in August, "so I don't imagine there will be much time for honeymooning," Walsh adds.

The Web statement also says: "This is the first marriage for both newlyweds," though in 2003 the Detroit Free Press located a 1996 marriage document showing that Jack and Meg White were married. A divorce took place four years later.

Jack, 29, split from Zellweger after a year-and-a-half-long relationship last year. The Cinderella Man actress married country star Kenny Chesney on May 9.

What? that is so random...she seems to like the celebs....i read that she was seeing Jake Gylenhaal a while back....anywayz..good for them:heart: :flower:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

this is the shock of the year for me!!
i didn't even know they were dating!!!! :shock:

haha very interesting, explains why she was in their latest video too

the two seem to match eachother in a way.

good for them.

New topic...models that married musicians? There's plenty of them.

I didn't know that they were even dating!

But still, congratulations to them. :heart: :smile:

haha, i love jack white. he's such a kookoo nut. i love how his ex wife (who the public THOUGHT was his sister for quite a long while) was the maid of honor.

simply fabulous and dysfunctional... funny how dysfuction is so the norm for americans.

I just read this at yahoo and got a shock too. I did not see this coming. I hope she didn't have blonde hair. It said at Yahoo that she is only 25. Is that true?

oceanharlot said:
haha, i love jack white. he's such a kookoo nut. i love how his ex wife (who the public THOUGHT was his sister for quite a long while) was the maid of honor.

simply fabulous and dysfunctional... funny how dysfuction is so the norm for americans.

how is it dysfunctional to be friends with your ex-lover? stalking them, posting their nude photos on the internet, calling in the middle of the night and hanging up - that would be dysfunctional. playing music with them, making records and touring all over the world with them seems kinda like maturity to me.

congratulations to the newlyweds.
:flower:

meme

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't he dating Renee like two months ago? What is going on...

Aww damn I hope this isn’t his lame attempt to try to up one on Rene. :lol: Hilarious!

who cares anyway? :yuk:
i think i'm getting seriously burned out.

It seems these days that so many weddings are just popping up out of nowhere.

^ agreed, it's quite nice actually, makes a great change from endless media speculation about when people will get married :lol:

Good for them, I hope they'll be very happy together :heart: :flower:

^ No me neither! I was surprised to read that but I think it's great.Good luck to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->