Jacquemus Mens S/S 2019

I expected this. Looks like Hermès on steroids, but it's nice to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sand is beautiful. I like its texture and its color is amazing. The blue of the sea in the back is also gorgeous, especially with the bright sun shining above. Same for the sky.

Oh wait, there was a fashion show happening ???? Didn't see any "fashion" happening or anything worth a comment.

Very nice landscape though. Bravo Simon ! You're an amazing set designer. :muscles:

Whole collection is already available at millions of shops around the world (minus the Jacquemus logo). SOOO basic!

where is the fashion? everything is so basic. there's nothing fascinating about this.

at least with his women's collections there are always some new silhouettes or interesting pieces but this is literally just a bunch of standard clothes found anywhere in an amazing setting.

Why did he even bother? You can get this at the J.C.Penney

Some of you guys are being a bit harsh.:lol:
Yes it's a basic collection of basics, but that's his entire business model.
His Women's collections aren't much different imo. That crazy hat he made is probably his best seller tbh. I'll take one of him and a couple of those cute little man bags.:heart:

Perfect debut collection. It sets a tone and tell the people of who is the man. Its not aggressive but its commercial, what is very smart. I wanna see the quality of this clothes IRL.

Well, its not a fashion forward collection (and his clothes in general are not about that), but the clothes have a lot of emotions, and its because its inspired by a personal love affair of Simon, not because of the setting. Its a fair type of design for the prince that he charge and the size of his brand.

Great eye candy! Yes to Cyrus opening the collection!

Some of it's passable but a lot of it is literally Uniqlo (lol).

Yeah, it's pretty basic, but I love it. Also, Donatella and her casting director should take notes.

I like really it. I’m all for superior basics. His clothes are super well priced, so clearly he’s not trying to be something he is not and that is incredibly refreshing. He has fun with it too and it shows.
Love those tricot sweaters. ❤️

i expected a bit more actually. it's not that special :(

This is a good introduction collection. It shows that the man knows about retail...
The standout are really the knitwear and the white pants. I’m really surprised to not see any logo T-shirt...

I love when you can see that the designer through the clothes. He is his customers and it shows.
It’s unpretentious in a weird pretentious way because he is showing in Marseille which is for Parisian the epitome of tacky while being totally embraced by the Parisian crowd.

The most surprising thing about this collection is the tailoring. The clothes are simple but well made. The cut is good and the fabrics are well chosen. To think that Virgil had much more ressources and didn’t managed to deliver tailoring is astonishing.

Good introduction, i’ll wait for the FW to really judge his potential and after 3 seasons, I think he will have a more defined aesthetic.

Great cast even if I expected skinny boys...

All the hype, mystery and circus... for this?

I'd take Uniqlo by Lemaire, thanks.

the casting and the styling are literally hideous.

Are people so bored with high fashion they’re dressing like Middle-America now?

This is as non-descript pedestrian as it gets. It’s Tommy Banana... Maybe his are of premium quality? So what? Who’s going to pay premium prices for basic, “well-made" board shorts? they’re board shorts LOL He’s so bland and generic, it’s not even fair to mention Virgil in the same sentence with this Sears collab.

I do love the shorts and pants... but this really is completely non-descriptive. Hopefully he'll start to branch out into more sensual and subtly constructed designs like he did with his womenswear.

I like his womenswear but I am absolutely underwhelmed by the menswear. There isn't a single thing that I find interesting, at least for my style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->