Jacquemus S/S 2019 Paris

I was ready to defend him until last season but this is all going downhill fast for me. There is no ambitiousness here, there is no quirky tailoring that he was so into when he started; it's basic as hell. Who allowed designers this young to go into autopilot mode this early in their career?

BORING.
POORLY MADE.
TACKY.
CHEAP.
REPETITIVE.
DATED.
PREDICTABLE.
UNINVENTIVE.

I am gonna impersonate that pink dress for Halloween because it's like one the most scary dress my eyes ever witnessed.

This looks like a basic Ralph Lauren beachwear collection but people praise it because the designer behind it is a so-called "babe" who is good taking selfies.

The collection looks good in photos but looks very sloppy in motion, which is funny because it resonates with his persona. There are some great pieces but you can tell he's getting lazier.

I like it and i would wear it. It is not always tasteful, but i like the fact is far removed from the urban sterility that a lot of luxury houses are chasing now.
The snippets of videos are fun too, I do not know if he did it on purpose but by choosing that Far L'amore song as soundtrack it ties in nicely with that iconic party from "La Grande Bellezza", populated by the type of people that could definitely wear this collection.

I like it and i would wear it. It is not always tasteful, but i like the fact is far removed from the urban sterility that a lot of luxury houses are chasing now.
The snippets of videos are fun too, I do not know if he did it on purpose but by choosing that Far L'amore song as soundtrack it ties in nicely with that iconic party from "La Grande Bellezza", populated by the type of people that could definitely wear this collection.

Whenever I hear that song, I always think of La Grande Bellezza and that scene which I love - I love the whole film ! However, I don't think the clothes or presentation are hedonistic enough to even match that scene so it falls flat for me still. I see what you are saying though.

Whenever I hear that song, I always think of La Grande Bellezza and that scene which I love - I love the whole film ! However, I don't think the clothes or presentation are hedonistic enough to even match that scene so it falls flat for me still. I see what you are saying though.

I love it too! :crush: But that’s exactly the thing, i find there is a skimpiness about Jacquemus in the last collections, that although not as in your face as certain italian brands, suits itself to a particular type of young party woman that you could find in one of those places. Who is going to wear the orange dress?:king:

This collection is like the sequel to a very good film that one thinks will match or even be better than the quality of its predecessor but in actuality, it turns out to be "The Exorcist II" of fashion.

Can he please go back to doing conceptual collections that are actually interesting? While this is not a bad by any means, it is becoming tiring at this point.

i do love it but i understand that he hasn't evolved at all for a few seasons now

the colour palette is amazing and the shoes are wonderful

It looks like a Project Runway collection, thrown together in 24 hours with cheap fabrics. Yikes.

THANK YOU GOD FOR NOT GIVING HIM CÉLINE.

Tacky, cheap. Where's the evolution? The most overrated designer out there. He has no real talent. He's just a charlatan.

I really loved the Nicole Phelps review for Vogue.

I totally agree with you except I do think even him would do better than Hedi.

This is a collection for skinny 20 year old girls doing summer in Ibiza - just like Hedi's Celine! I'm over him. Next hyped new designer, please!

After today's collection, I think even he would do a better job than Hedi lol

I just realized that what I liked about his La Bomba show was something that it's completely absent in here and that is a quirky sense of construction, something very Yohji-lite that gave the garments an innocent yet sensual quality and made them special. Now that he's gone fully commercial I'm kinda repelled by it, it looks like the kind of clothes you would get to dress up your Barbie ca. 2005, Paris Hilton's tacky summer dresses or duty-free fodder. Any and all sophstication is missing here, at least those heels are really nice to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->