Jacquemus S/S 2022 : Bad Bunny by Tom Kneller

There's something I really can't stand about Bad Bunny's sudden rise on the fashion scene. Perhaps it's my aversion towards his ridiculous stage name or that mop top.

But then I see that first image and it reminds me of Brad Pitt's legendary Rolling Stone cover shoot by Mark Seliger and it confuses me. There's something about big men in little mini dresses... I don't know. It's a thing.

Don't like the rest. Might as well be one of Zara's weaker editorials. But it is better than Bunny's Vogue story, now that was just bad.

Quoting Naomi:
"I do not want to comment"
cd3680e56f6c226a1403a2361259b29d.gif

Pinterest

It always makes me laugh how cheap his clothes look. They couldn't even bother to present them in a more flattering way. He has enough money to book Jenner but can't afford a proper tailor. f*ck off

I read 'Lady Bunny' and got disappointed.

Honestly, this is not even a thirst trap. Nothing thirst inducing here.

But then I see that first image and it reminds me of Brad Pitt's legendary Rolling Stone cover shoot by Mark Seliger and it confuses me. There's something about big men in little mini dresses... I don't know. It's a thing.

Brad, sweetie, I'm so sorry your name had to be dragged into this!
(though I admit I instantly thought of his shoot when I saw the first photo too)

I don't know enough about Bad Bunny to fairly assess him, but him being called a "queer icon" irks me, on the surface. He doesn't want to accept the label of "straight" but his explanation for not wanting to do so was something along the lines of "in 20 years I might find myself attracted to a man". Absurd. It's the marketing gimmick du jour, it seems, for musicians and celebs in general to queer-bait, and he strikes me as falling into that category.

Jacquemus is just throwing stuff at the wall now to see what sticks, just like their more recent shows

I like Bad Bunny but he looks terrible in these clothes, his red carpet style is much better than Jacquemus bland and inoffensive offering. JC Penny-catalogue level of design. That mint suit…very used car salesman ca. 1985.

I appreciate Benito’s confidence but his body has looked tighter in the past, overall he feels lost in here.

there are a couple of interesting shots but that’s it. and I’m only speaking from a photographic/ model point of view because this is all extremely pathetic.

This is officially the worst era of fashion from recent years. Makes me feel SO lucky to have experienced as a teenager the early 2000s when real artists and models, worked with legends to give us life and art through their images.

Teenagers nowadays only have these jokes as role models and is absolutely depressing to classify this as fashion. I don't see it anywhere, not in the vibe, the clothes, the brand, him... the whole thing looks like a huge pile of trash, just like his music. Perfect match.

I’ve never heard a single “Bad Bunny” (eye roll) song…and I don’t plan on it. He seems to be another astroturfed hack…someone that ends up everywhere and yet hasn’t produced a single thing of worth or worth remembering. Total garbage. Gross. So tired of all of this. It’s all ugly and so nihilistic.

And I have nothing to say of the Jacquemus clothes. What is there to say?

I’m afraid the industry is beyond repair now. It’s a walking corpse.

This looks like an overstyled gay p*rn actor taking part in a fashion campaign that was styled by some gen Z folks, who have watched a couple of shows and then decided to call themselves stylists.
I am not sure even Dolce are worse than this, because at least Juergen is iconic and they use models sometimes, this is such a stinking pile of crepe that this season’s Burberry seems to be a masterpiece.

Everyone said everything I was thinking, and wanted to say.
But I'm still gonna say this is SH*T. Stupid clothes, stupid everything.
I could overlook it all, if the "model" was at least hot.

This is officially the worst era of fashion from recent years. Makes me feel SO lucky to have experienced as a teenager the early 2000s when real artists and models, worked with legends to give us life and art through their images.

Teenagers nowadays only have these jokes as role models and is absolutely depressing to classify this as fashion. I don't see it anywhere, not in the vibe, the clothes, the brand, him... the whole thing looks like a huge pile of trash, just like his music. Perfect match.

Amen.

The only shot i kind of like is the one in the grey suit otherwise this is one hell of a mess

Miu Miu couldn't lock down an exclusive? Isn't she the new face of Tory Burch, too? Get those checks, Sydney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob Watson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->