J'adore Couture

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by stylegurrl, Apr 8, 2004.

1. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

that's how i feel... :shock:

2. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

that's how i feel... :shock: [/b][/quote]
    i feel the same. :(
    unless its a real piece of art. in that case, ill put it behind a glass box.

3. VersaceW11

VersaceW11 New Member

I think it's so crazy to spend money no matter how much it is on something that looks and make you look like a big mess...I learned this lessson way back in high school...I don't buy things just becuase of the lable...Even simple things like jeans why pay $700 for a pair of jeans that aren't even cute on you when you can get some for $300 that looks better and fit better...But I do love couture and my all time favorite is Mr. Christian Lacroix Even when I was a young bloke I appericated his mixing and matching of colors and yet it always seem to come togather perfectly.

4. foxinthesnow

foxinthesnow Member

Right, however, couture will not make you look like a big mess; it is tailored and adjusted to you to an unbelievable degree...

5. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

I work really damn hard for my money and if I had the opportunity, I'd have no problem shelling out dough for couture. It's gorgeous and exquisite. Well I guess not for me but for my bird. I'd buy an Audemars Piguet though so maybe that makes my post relevant.

6. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i feel the same. :(
    unless its a real piece of art. in that case, ill put it behind a glass box. [/b][/quote]
    I agree

7. VersaceW11

VersaceW11 New Member

Right, however, couture will not make you look like a big mess; it is tailored and adjusted to you to an unbelievable degree... [/b][/quote]
    Of course thats the whole point of couture , but I don't think someone would look good wearing a tree as a dress even if its made to fit them perfectly...Like I said you can still look like a big mess..Have you ever heard the saying fashion is for fashion people?

8. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

Didn't Behnaz Sarafpour used to do that?

Leyla: I hope those women had the common sense to sell some of their pieces after their husbands went bankrupt!

9. pennyfei

pennyfei Member

I am so glad to see that Couture is still alive and well. How can you not love haute couture especially those of Chanel, Valentino, Lacroix, Saab and Dior? If I am able to afford couture, i will definitely plan a budget around half a million or so because couture love is addictive! One million seems to be extravagant but what does it really mean to a billionaire at the end of the day anyway. (probably like buying a bottle of soda)

10. tott

tott slightly dizzy

Mmmm... I'd love to visit all the ateliers and look at what they're making. Study the techniques, rifle through stuff and touch, examine and feel all the materials...

11. Plumour

Plumour New Member

I want couture too :cry: :P

12. pradaromance

pradaromance New Member

although it beautiful to look at, i have no want.
    A)i dont have that kind of money
    B)I would end up never using it...

why couture when RTW is so pretty? :wacko:

13. ebowleg

ebowleg New Member

Quite frankly, I'm glad to hear that couture is alive and well...I hope it never dies...If I had that kind of money, I think I might buy a couture garment, but probably an evening gown because I think that they are the most "wearable" :P

14. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:lol: i know what you mean, still there are few cool cuture out there

not sure how much i would like to spend on my wardrobe,
    but i admit i certainly wouldnt mind a little something from
    Ralf Rucci, E2 or Sibylla :blush:

15. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

I agree [/b][/quote]
    me too

16. FabulousFashion

FabulousFashion New Member

OK- something to tell ya guys... most of couture isn't meant to be worn day-to-day. Major fashion designers go to shows in Milan, Paris, etc, to get ideas for THEIR designs. For example @ one show in Milan, the girls were dressed in Egyptian-inspired outfits, with bright, flashy, glittery, and brilliant eyeshadows. That's a hint for fashion designers that glittery, flashy, eyeshadow will be in! That's most couture, but then there's the kind that IS made for day-to-day, like if you went to Vera Wang to get a custom fitted wedding dress, well ok wedding dresses aren't day to day, but I mean clothes that are made for YOU, beautiful YOU! haha lol luv ya guys, and luv fashion.. til a lata day....

<3 Me!! B)

actually, p.s.
    If you have the money to buy clothes ea. yr in the 7 digits, and have gold plated toilet seats, great for you, I know lots of people like that, but even though I buy designer clothes, I still feel the pain of the starving people in poverty, and we all need to remember that, despite how much money you have!!! :wink:

17. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

um...i think we all knew that already...but thx for the newsflash... :woot:

18. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

19. whereisthatsusu

whereisthatsusu New Member

:huh:

20. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Not surprised with Sapperstein at all. :rolleyes:

On buying couture, I will buy if I had the money. Though, only if it is a one of a kind piece that transcends pret-a-porter (on cut, form, embellishment, fabric, etc.). Probably a few pieces from Gaultier Couture. :heart: That's it. :flower: