J'adore Couture

Originally posted by As You Like It@Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:03 pm
Bespoke tailoring? Closest alternative as far as I know. Some bespoke suits can be incredibly expensive, luxurious, and all around posh...
Yes!!

Some actually call that "couture"... I know Zegna does.

I totally agree with everything As you like it said ... Definitely expensive, posh and luxurious... :woot:

Speaking solely for myself, I couldn't spend anything like that amount of money on clothing no matter how many billions of dollars I had. Not until not a single child went to sleep hungry. I couldn't enjoy it otherwise.

One reason I'd have serious second thoughts about buying couture is that I am so damn clumsy that I see myself spilling a glass of red wine on a 100.000 dollars dress...

Originally posted by oanadobre@Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:39 am
One reason I'd have serious second thoughts about buying couture is that I am so damn clumsy that I see myself spilling a glass of red wine on a 100.000 dollars dress...
and cleaning couture is several hundred dollars.

Originally posted by mikeijames+Apr 15th, 2004 - 8:42 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikeijames @ Apr 15th, 2004 - 8:42 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-oanadobre@Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:39 am
and cleaning couture is several hundred dollars. [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by mikeijames+Apr 15th, 2004 - 8:42 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikeijames @ Apr 15th, 2004 - 8:42 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-oanadobre@Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:39 am
and cleaning couture is several hundred dollars. [/b][/quote]
I was reading an article several months ago about one cleaner on upper east side that can clean ANYTHING. Apparently they have guys lining up to pay $40 for a one-time SHIRT cleaning. :doh:

Originally posted by tealady@Apr 14th, 2004 - 8:28 pm
Speaking solely for myself, I couldn't spend anything like that amount of money on clothing no matter how many billions of dollars I had. Not until not a single child went to sleep hungry. I couldn't enjoy it otherwise.
Tealady, I was very impressed by your post. More people should be like you. Reading that this morning was very refreshing. :flower:

I think people are too obsessed with the superficial. Having a $50,000 dress doesn't make someone better or more interesting than a person with a $50 one. I personally find the opposite to be true.

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Apr 15th, 2004 - 9:52 am
Having a $50,000 dress doesn't make someone better or more interesting than a person with a $50 one.
That's so true, cause people believe that since they have more money than someone else that they're better, which is just plain ridiculous!

I know someone, very well, that's a couture fashion designer and what he has told me about couture is that it is for the person who is willing to spend thousands or millions of dollars/pounds so that they can feel unique in their clothes, and because of the fact that their clothes are custom fitted, so they feel comfortable in them. I mean think about when you go into Saks or some other store and buy something...thousands of other people probably have that same piece of clothing, so couture really makes the individual feel unique because it can be custom.

Originally posted by VuittonSweetie!@Apr 15th, 2004 - 12:02 pm
I know someone, very well, that's a couture fashion designer and what he has told me about couture is that it is for the person who is willing to spend thousands or millions of dollars/pounds so that they can feel unique in their clothes, and because of the fact that their clothes are custom fitted, so they feel comfortable in them. I mean think about when you go into Saks or some other store and buy something...thousands of other people probably have that same piece of clothing, so couture really makes the individual feel unique because it can be custom.
Exactly, VuittonSweetie!. Buying couture doesn't automatically make you superficial. :flower:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Apr 15th, 2004 - 11:33 pm
Buying couture doesn't automatically make you superficial.
I completely agree...i'd go so far as to say that most women who wear the couture care less about fashion, than say... we do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->