J'adore Couture

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by stylegurrl, Apr 8, 2004.

1. brian

brian New Member

Yes!!

Some actually call that "couture"... I know Zegna does.

I totally agree with everything As you like it said ... Definitely expensive, posh and luxurious... :woot:

2. tealady

tealady New Member

Speaking solely for myself, I couldn't spend anything like that amount of money on clothing no matter how many billions of dollars I had. Not until not a single child went to sleep hungry. I couldn't enjoy it otherwise.

3. oanadobre

oanadobre New Member

One reason I'd have serious second thoughts about buying couture is that I am so damn clumsy that I see myself spilling a glass of red wine on a 100.000 dollars dress...

4. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

and cleaning couture is several hundred dollars.

5. oanadobre

oanadobre New Member

and cleaning couture is several hundred dollars. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. faust

faust New Member

and cleaning couture is several hundred dollars. [/b][/quote]
    I was reading an article several months ago about one cleaner on upper east side that can clean ANYTHING. Apparently they have guys lining up to pay $40 for a one-time SHIRT cleaning. :doh:

7. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

Tealady, I was very impressed by your post. More people should be like you. Reading that this morning was very refreshing. :flower:

I think people are too obsessed with the superficial. Having a $50,000 dress doesn't make someone better or more interesting than a person with a $50 one. I personally find the opposite to be true.

8. FabulousFashion

FabulousFashion New Member

That's so true, cause people believe that since they have more money than someone else that they're better, which is just plain ridiculous!

9. FabulousFashion

FabulousFashion New Member

I know someone, very well, that's a couture fashion designer and what he has told me about couture is that it is for the person who is willing to spend thousands or millions of dollars/pounds so that they can feel unique in their clothes, and because of the fact that their clothes are custom fitted, so they feel comfortable in them. I mean think about when you go into Saks or some other store and buy something...thousands of other people probably have that same piece of clothing, so couture really makes the individual feel unique because it can be custom.

10. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Exactly, VuittonSweetie!. Buying couture doesn't automatically make you superficial. :flower:

11. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

I completely agree...i'd go so far as to say that most women who wear the couture care less about fashion, than say... we do