Jalouse April 2009 : Natalia Vodianova

I agree! Why does everybody like naughty school girls? It's not very fashionable, p*rn is fashionable. :lol: I like Natalia chic, and only chic. I do kind of like the cover though... it's not bad but...

Wa-ow!

thank goodness jalouse stopped with the celebrities!

Natalia looks phenomenal. :woot:

I agree! Why does everybody like naughty school girls? It's not very fashionable, p*rn is fashionable. :lol: I like Natalia chic, and only chic. I do kind of like the cover though... it's not bad but...
I don't see the cover as blatantly "naughty" or sexual... at first look I didn't really take it as that to be honest. I think it could be viewed as sexy I suppose... but in an innocent or unassuming way. I suppose that is the "school girl" sort of sex appeal... not obvious or blatant but still sort of there in an imaginative sort of manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the cover as blatantly "naughty" or sexual... at first look I didn't really take it as that to be honest. I think it could be viewed as sexy I suppose... but in an innocent or unassuming way. I suppose that is the "school girl" sort of sex appeal... not obvious or blatant but still sort of there in an imaginative sort of manner.

funny that you say that because i was going to say that's exactly what i hate about it.. it does seem obvious to me. :ninja: :flower: really obvious and so lacking in depth or any kind of meaning, like they just put a pretty model there with her sweet baby doll face in some school uniform looking outfit and knee high socks and get her to look forlorn and bam!, there you have it. :innocent: this to me is not subtle sensuality.. it's not sexy at all.. just, well, stupid. :doh:
..what's the point of it ?

It's not obvious but if you think about it how many guys think about innocent school girls and sex at the same time? The concept is everywhere in the media and people think what they think. I perceived it as naughty and you didn't, and I can see your reasoning. It's completely opinion. I still like it though...

funny that you say that because i was going to say that's exactly what i hate about it.. it does seem obvious to me. :ninja: :flower: really obvious and so lacking in depth or any kind of meaning, like they just put a pretty model there with her sweet baby doll face in some school uniform looking outfit and knee high socks and get her to look forlorn and bam!, there you have it. :innocent: this to me is not subtle sensuality.. it's not sexy at all.. just, well, stupid. :doh:
..what's the point of it ?
I see your point. :blush: I guess it just depends on how an individual sees it.

there's nothing really interesting nor offensive about the whole look here, but i like Natalia's face in this picture.
in general this 'pajamas party meets panties meets Dr.Martins' sort of stuff suits the home-made theme pretty well. even if it doesn't look that good.

I'm the exact opposite. I really dislike Natalia when she's in her US Vogue Family Of The Year editorials, and the way she always ropes in her children and husband to shoot editorials with her. It seems so fake to me.

Natalia's earlier work was so much more interesting, and I think this cover is a slight return to that.

i think the cover is good i like the pose

review :

Natalia dans la dentelle (Natalia in lace) by Paul Schmidt and Jennifer Eymère
b&w/colour ... I feel like I'm looking at her editorials when she was 16-17yrs old ...
anyway ... it's not bad like in "Bad" ... but it's tellement déjà-vu !!!!

Custom by Hugues Laurent and Isabelle Peyrut
model : Katya
shopping : Alexander Wang, MMM, Andrea Crews, Ashish, I.Marant, Aquaverde etc.

Over Dressed by Ami Sioux and Anne-Sophie Thomas (style) and Sébastien Cambos (style)
I guess one did the b&w, the other the colors shots ...
imo, it's not bad at all ... you feel they had fun with prints (flowers, dots and lines, léopard etc.) and colours (silver and bronze)
there's a page with a Marc Jacobs look + the crazy 80s Balmain vest (the one Natasha wore ... I remember it, because I thought it was insanely crazy and something I would have totaly wear like 2-3 yrs ago if I were a woman) ... loved it ! it's not easy to digest ... but I feel nostalgic in front of this ...

and finaly there's an editorial 'hand-made' by olympia le tan ... it's 'hand-made' ...

oh i really like this cover :woot: natalia looks so beautiful, a bit dark and grungy but thats awesome! if i only could get all these mags here :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"