Jalouse France November 2006 : Du Juan

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
As you can imagine this is an issue about Asia (in general).

Du Juan is doing the cover.

Moment Mao
photo : Elina Kechicheva
style : Jennifer Eymère
model : Du Juan

Orient Extrème
photo : Sratis & Beva
style : Isabelle Peyrut
model : Ai Tominoga

Coolitude absolue

photo : Miguel Villalobos
style : Sabrina Marshall
model : Hye Park

Kawaï kids
photo : Giovanni Zaccagnini
models : hairstylists and clients from Shibuya hair salon.

Ma nuit chez Colette
photo : Benjamin Nitot
style : Laure Ambroise
model : Tao

Lost in translation
photo : Giovannie Zaccagnini
models : Kumi Kanebo and Yusuke Iseya

sinon articles about Rinko Kikuchi, Eiji Wentz, a meeting btw Jeremy Scott and Marie (owner of Faline), style-fashion itw of Maya Sasaki (daughter of japanese fashion stylist), article and photos about the Tokyo Style Collection, articles about Shangaï etc. etc.

i'm really sorry but today i cannot post any snaps as i'm really really busy these times.
so just made this quick review.

(photo by me)

Du Juan! And Tao! I'm liking the Asian theme, thanks for posting!

Why is Asia so hyped? I mean, can't they just use Asian models as models, why do they always have to make "special issues ALL Asian". It makes it seem like Asian people in general are a trend.

Asian designers have given a lot to the fashion world, and different Asian cultures are interesting. Sometimes Asia a lot more fascinating than most of the Western world, which can't see outside its borders (of course Asia is quite Westernized, but you get what I'm saying here). Still, how many "Asian Special"-issues have we had during the last two years? Is there a fashion magazine which hasn't done an issue like that?

Looking forward to seeing scans. So far, the cover looks bad.

what a stupid theme... crazy asia?

yep, they're crazeee down there... just look at du juan's hair! ...
:rolleyes:

I interpreted it more as "Asia Mania"?

As to why Asia is being so 'hyped'? Perhaps because it's currently the most dynamic region in the world... That's bound to be reflected in an endless stream of articles and 'Asia specials' in everything from newspapers to fashion mags. It gets a bit old I guess, but personally I don't mind another Asian issue at all.

Ai Tominaga? :woot:

Looking forward to see her editorial!. Thanks Berlinrocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to Jalouse! I don't think Asia being "hyped up" right now is necessarily a bad thing - it's making up ground for the past, IMO :flower: The cover is not the best, but the contents sound fantastic :woot:

Proud to be Asian!

Du jUan looks ugly

it looks like she has slitty black eyes from a knockout. She'll end up like another Ling Tang flavor of the year.

WhiteLinen said:
Why is Asia so hyped?

Because Asia is becoming more and more powerful economically I think.It's a huge market.
Brace yourself for more and more of this. Not a bad thing IMO. :innocent:

Moment Mao

Orient extrême

...for the things I haven't "snapped", i'll try to do it later. but i'm having tons of master's researchs these times...so don't have many time to relax.
hope you'll enjoy.

(photos by me)

I really don't like this cover...:doh: :doh: :doh:
I do :heart: DU, but she looks sooo old and suffering from a harsh disease here ( maybe it's because the lighting, i don't know:( :( )

I'm crazy for Dujuan!:heart: She is my favourite model.:woot:
Thanks for the pics, BerlinRocks!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks so much for the pics berlinrocks. i have not been able to get my hands on any of the recent issues of jalouse and i've been looking for scans. B)

i love the editorials..esp Coolitude absolue!!!
Du will look a million times better in her original black hair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->