Jalouse May 2009 : Clémence Poésy

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by tarsha, Apr 29, 2009.

1. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

[​IMG]
    journaux

2. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

That's not Lou :lol: I fixed it :flower:

#2 MissMagAddict, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Sarahh: Apr 29, 2009
  3. mrsjamesdean

mrsjamesdean New Member

i love posey but not sure about the cover,there's something wrong... :S

4. dr4732

dr4732 New Member

Lou doillon is also on the cover. I saw it on the newsstand (but i didn't buy it). Clemence poesy, melanie laurent and i think lea seydou have an ed.

5. ponytrot

ponytrot New Member

love Clemence, but that cover ages her, there's something abit off about the black-and-white-ness. :ermm:

6. Party.in.Paris

Party.in.Paris New Member

I was excited when I saw the title... but this is not a good cover :(

I remember her cover from november 2007 or something, this issue was great !

I love Clémence and Mélanie Laurent so it's cool but they could have done better with the cover... can't wait to buy it though !

7. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

Lou Doillon by Olivier Zahm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

zimbio.com
    Lou Doillon thread on tFS

#7 tarsha, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Apr 29, 2009
  8. ponytrot

ponytrot New Member

what's up with the photography? :doh:

Lou from that angle looks all kinds of bizarre- and not in a good way at all. :shock:

eta: thanks for posting though! :flower:

9. rosebertin

rosebertin New Member

I'm not a fan of the cover, Clémence's last Jalouse cover was much better. I don't like that colourful title, it's odd-looking...

10. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

I love Jalouse. Thank you.

11. MissMagAddict

Well that's nice for her. But the cover image posted wasn't Lou.

Thanks for the info debora25 :flower:

12. nyc_art_style

nyc_art_style Active Member

I don't like the header font. the color combination with such a harsh black and white photo is not a good mix. I don't like the photo they chose for the cover either. It looks like it is low quality (in pixels). So there is this grainy effect. So if it had a been a better quality image, with more of a close of of clemence's face (it should be higher up and more centered.) then maybe I could like this cover.

I really wanted to like this cover though. I've never bought Jalouse, and Clemence being on the cover would be a good excuse to finally purchase it. I'll wait for contents to decide if I'll buy it or not.

I'm just curious from those who read Jalouse, if it's a great magazine or not?

13. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

:woot:.. taking Lou off from the equation, I can't think of a better bunch for this, they should've made a cover for them all!, this totally puts you in Cannes mood right away, I cannot wait!. :heart:

now back to Lou, it's starting to get on my nerves how she's constantly being pushed and placed next to new groups of stylish & talented french young women like she's one of them, too.. she's certainly more suited for Jalouse than Clémence, Melanie or Lea as Jalouse has paved a reputation for pushing "it"/no-known-skill characters as a part of their content but damn, as much as I enjoy a girl who can deliver good shots and knows who's who in the fashion industry, I am SO tired of getting this Lou promotion every month every year.. she needs to quit all her nude stuff (which we've all seen more than twice by now) and finally finish whatever album she was recording.. hopefully that'll make her a little more relevant and worth reading..

14. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

^i agree mullet and i like her myself. but she is becoming rather an overexposed 'it' girl of late,which i personally never characterised her.

15. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

deborah : i don't get it ... who's on the cover ? is there a different cover for each girls named on the cover (léa, audrey marnay, lou, clémence and mélanie) ?

lou is a pain in the a** ....
    i think she has some films coming up.
    maybe i'm just not that much into her but i think that's a long time i hadn't seen her involved in a movie.
    oh and about the album ... is that why she's been dating benjamin biolay ?
    frankly i hate this girl !

16. dr4732

dr4732 New Member

I think so. My newsagent only had the Jalouse with Lou on the cover.

17. MissMagAddict

I bought it a couple of times... but for the same money I think Russh Australia is much better.

18. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

I love Lou's look, best looking woman around IMO, so I don't mind at all seeing her in mags,I'm not really interested in her projects to tell the truth.

I really want to see Lea's cover.:woot: I love Clemence but the cover is a bit disappointing.

19. nanker_phledge

nanker_phledge Active Member

Just for the record, Lou Doillon, Léa Seydoux,Mélanie Laurent,Audrey Marnay also have a cover (so I guess it should be mentioned in the title even though they haven't been posted yet.So far, a lot of threads have been entitled without the cover being posted at first so I don't see where the problem is).The pictures of Lou posted on the previous page don't feature on her editorial but are from the same shooting.All in all, it's a great issue, the styling and the models are great.

Quick review :

One ed + article about Lou Lesage (She's an actress/singer.The name of the photographer isn't mentioned.It might be her ? I have no idea).

There's an article about Caroline Maigret (actress/model featuring in the Jalouse film 2 y ago), styled by Anne Sophie Thomas shot by Edouard Plongeon.

'Léa' featuring Léa Seydoux, styled by Jennifer Eymère , shot by Ami Sioux.

'Audrey' shot by Daniel King styled by Anne Sophie Thomas.(grunge style)

'Mélanie' shot by Sébastien Cambos shot by Paul Schmidt (very girly, with flowers)

'Clémence' styled by Isabelle Peyrut shot by Eymeric Glaize (grainy and dark pictures)

'Couture Club' a long editorial styled by Jennifer Eymère and shot by Paul Schmidt, featuring young French girls (most of them are unknown, I only recognise Jordane Crantelle, who works at Chanel)

'Lou' styled by Jennifer Eymère and shot by Marine Braunshvig.

Each editorial of the cover girls features a short interview about their opinion of French identity and their upcoming projects.

There's a poster featuring the covers 'French Kisses by Jalouse and Gucci'.

It's really a nice issue.I MIGHT scan the eds when I get the time (tomorrow or on Friday).

#19 nanker_phledge, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Randompatterns: Apr 29, 2009
  20. Party.in.Paris

Party.in.Paris New Member

I have Lea's cover !

In my newsstand they only had her cover lol
    I can scan it if you want :flower: