candlebougie

An die Freude.
Reaction score
The first trailer of the film arrived earlier today. I´m actually kind of disappointed - after all the hype I expected photo-realistic environments and aliens. I´m sure the action sequences, characters and the story will be great, but still....

What do you think.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/

Yeah, very disappointing. There are some good shots there, but for the most part, everything looks too animated and fake. Most of it looked like a video game.

why is there so much hype about this movie? am i missing something? the trailer looks interesting but why is there already a huge following.. hm.

Well I LOVE Sigourney Weaver and the prospect of her finally winning an Oscar has me excited to see this!

why is there so much hype about this movie? am i missing something? the trailer looks interesting but why is there already a huge following.. hm.

it´s James Cameron's first movie since Titanic (1997). That´s one reason for the hype. And the director promised unparalleled visual effects and believable alien characters. The expectations were probably a little bit too high....

I just saw the 16 minutes of 3D footage in an IMAX-cinema. It's absolutely spectacular. The trailer you watched is really just a crappy 2D version of something intended to be seen in 3D.

Certainly not photo-realistic though and still a little "cartoonish".

^Thanks for the heads up, i never expected it to be totally photo-realistic, even when i was reading all the hype about how its something we never seen before.

Lmao i came across this :rofl:
Would You Have Sex With James Cameron's Blue Aliens?
By Charlie Jane Anders, 4:00 PM on Sun Aug 23 2009, 14,204 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)

When James Cameron was designing the alien Na'Vi in Avatar, he wanted to make sure you'd find them sexy. So he polled his crew to make sure they'd "do" the blue natives. So what do you think: Did it work?
Cameron told reporters at Comic Con, that he kept tweaking his Na'Vi aliens, asking his all-male crew over and over, "Would you want to do her?" (Probably in reference to Zoe Saldana's Neytiri.) So now that you've seen the movie's trailer — and many of you have seen 16 minutes of the film in full-on 3-D Imax — what's your verdict?
io9.com

^ I watched the 16 minute-preview a few days ago, and these creatures are definitely the most realistic animated CG-creatures I´ve ever seen. I´m not sure I´d "do" them, though.... :lol:

I need to see the full movie before i make such a statement, i am just that kind of old fashion girl. -_- :lol:

I never really like watching trailers, because i dont want to go to a movie & end up knowing what is going to happen + sometimes they put all the good bits in trailers too, so i'd rather go & watch the movie when it comes out ^_^
Oh was that 16 min trailer that 'Avatar day' thing?, because i saw alot of people going into my local IMAX.

Sigourney Weaver As A Na'vi (there are more intersting pictures at the source)

30jjndv.jpg

marketsaw.blogspot.com - scanned from EMPIRE Magazine

Here are some interesting reports/interviews with James Cameron.

CNN

IGN

I'm slightly more optimistic about the movie than before.

Who here is gonna see it? I haven't decided whether i want to go to the IMAX or my regular cinema

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->