What is this i read that they plan to release a longer cut? Anyone else heard about it?

I'd love to know your source on that one O.O it would make my year! I'd watch a 8 hour Avatar :D

all i heard was that cameron had to cut out 20 minutes (that's the number i can remember at least) and it will be on the dvd. i wish they would release a directors cut in the theaters though, i wanna see it in 3D and on the big screen as well

What is this i read that they plan to release a longer cut? Anyone else heard about it?
Cameron cut a lot of the Na'vi village life (presumably because it didn't advance the plot).
Some scenes were also edited so that the movie could get a PG-13 rating (the mating scene, for example).

Basically, there will be a longer director's cut, like for most movies.

On another note, I am most amused by the level of hatred that movie is getting (on ONTD, for example).
Still, Cameron is laughing all the way to the bank: the movie passed the $1 billion revenue worldwide in just two weeks, already making back its budget, so the trilogy is most definitely on.
I look forward to sequels fully centered on Pandora and the Na'vi.

Oh wow! If they do more I will cry in happiness! It has been a long time since I have been this excited for a movie, let alone sequels!

The sheer beauty of it is enough to make me go back for more.

I just saw on news that Avatar made $1 bill worldwide. You go Cameron! ^ I agree, I haven't been this excited about a movie since LOTR, it's been while.

It's also been announced officially that Cameron is in the works of making a sequel to Avatar in 2010 :buzz:

ok finally saw it and wow i was amazed. i felt so many emotions during the movie, it really was entertaining yet still moving. the visuals.. omg.
i got really attached to jake and kind of teared up at the end (i wont spoil it).

they really did a good job with this movie especially with the cgi and na'vi/avatars. i sometimes forgot that they weren't real because the way the emotion and expressions were presented, it all seemed so real.

I haven't seen it 3D (yet), but the ordinary version was already stunning. Plot-wise Avatar offers nothing new, but the fx, the scenery, the 3d characters... Omg...
It's rare that I like a movie so much.

I look forward to sequels fully centered on Pandora and the Na'vi.

in newest reports he said they might go to the other moons though. but i doubt they will leave jake/neytiri and pandora altogether.

and the hatred...i feel like those are just the people who go into the movie hating the "blue cats" and wanting to hate the movie. no one has ever said that the plot is gonna change the history of movies, it's basically a save story because the movie was so expensive to make and they wanted to get their money back. and as nice as the story is, even the fans know that the dialogue isn't genious and the story lifechanging, BUT the visuals and the way the story is told is still captivating and what else do people want from a nice blockbuster movie? not every movie has to be a deep character movie with oscar-potential. it's like comparing every book to goethe or shakespeare, sometimes you just want a nice crime novel, an easy read that's fun and that's what this movie is to me (with a nice message on top)

I just went to see it and it was AMAZING.
The visual effects, the Avatars, the acting, the action, the storyline. It was all so good. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

I sat down with my 3D glasses on and the mobie began and I was watching in trance for almost three hours. Cameron has done one hell of an amazing job.

I loved it, amazing movie. And can I just say that Sam is one fice piece of man.

i just saw this movie in 3D and i love it so much.
it was just AMAZING.after saw Avatar, i don't want to live in the earth anymore.
i am planning to see it again in IMAX.

^I read that last night! Such a shame that a lot of good scenes were removed...I guess it would've made a 5-hour film, though (I wouldn't have minded :lol: ).

I wouldn't mind a 5 hour film either! Only problem is having to pee in the middle but I can compromise on that.

my bf loved it sooo much. I thought it was great....the story was very Pocahontas-like but aside from that the visuals were amazing. Can't wait for the sequel!

I LOVED it. I laughed and cryed throughout. The 3D makes you feel in the movie. James Cameron is a true genius...

This movie was amazing, but I didn't watch it in 3D! I know it's shocking. I gotta get on that soon.

Don't mean to rain on all yours parade, lol, but I think 10 years from now everyone will be like "what were thinking about that movie". Once the special effects stop being that special there will be nothing left, hence it will have no staying power.

If you can't tell, I'm actually getting kinda bitter about all the pawning over it. I don't think it's THAT good a movie, even if it's a visual spectacle.

Don't mean to rain on all yours parade, lol, but I think 10 years from now everyone will be like "what were thinking about that movie". Once the special effects stop being that special there will be nothing left, hence it will have no staying power.

If you can't tell, I'm actually getting kinda bitter about all the pawning over it. I don't think it's THAT good a movie, even if it's a visual spectacle.
^_^:heart:

When I was a baby, you could wave keys in front of me and it would entertain me for hours...and then I turned two and I realized that things need be more than pretty and shiny to be interesting.

If I hear one more time how amazing this movie is I will scream. I refuse to watch it!:sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zr90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->