6’1″

Place of Origin:
Sydney, Australia, Down Under

Ethnic Origin:
An ecletic mix of Scottish, Russian, German and English

Birthsign:
Aries

How discovered:
I went to a new hair stylist, and it turned out that he worked for GQ Australia. He assumed I was a model, and when he found out I wasn’t he called up Priscilla’s and made an appointment for me. I haven’t looked back.

Favorite things:
Tv show – Community, Place – The Snowy Mountains, Movie – V for Vendetta, Animal – Ocelot, Actor – Leonardo Dicaprio, Video Game – Beyond Good and Evil, Sport – Tennis, Author – Charles Dickens, Dance Move – The Bus Driver, Food – Pasta, Drink – Gin & Tonic, Friends, Family & Bookers – All Of Them!

Favorite music, band:
I like any alternative rock/pop, like OK Go; also classic stuff like The Beatles or Frank Sinatra.

Hobbies:
Performing arts, whether it be writing shows, acting in them, or singing with my guitar.

Favorite piece of clothing:
My dad’s old leather jacket.

What’s something uncool that you love anyway?
Some might say the Biochemistry I studied at university is boring, but I find it fascinating – the human body is amazing!

Favorite modeling experience so far?
Being booked to open exclusively for Louis Vuitton. They flew me to Paris for fashion week and put me up in a really nice apartment. The show was amazing, and it was an honour to work with such talented and friendly people.

What’s the best thing about your hometown/country?
The people, the lifestyle, the weather. Everyone is welcoming, life is laid back and the warm weather makes way for perfect trips to the beach.

Favorite artist (any kind:(
The street artist Banksy; I love it when art is controversial.

Place you would love to visit:
I’ve always wanted to visit New York or Tokyo, big cities are the best!

Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
I’m becoming addicted to Twitter. Follow me on my adventures! @JimmyGModel

models.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Benny Roberts, James Gatenby & Stefano Kuhn by Tim Ashton for Fashionisto Exclusive

thefashionisto.com

James Gatenby opens exclusively for Louis Vuitton Fall 2013

priscillasmodels.wordpress.com

Collection: Louis Vuitton Menswear
Season: Autumn Winter 2013
Models: Abiah Hostvedt, Aiden Andrews, Alexander Beck, Almantas Petkunas, Anders Hayward, Andrew Westermann, Bastian Thierry, Ben Allen, Chris Beek, Christian Garcia, Elliot Vulliod, Freddie Stoker, George Barnett, Guerrino Santulliana, James Gatenby, Jester White, Joe Collier, Julian Sonne, Justin Sterling, Kristoffer Hasllevall, Lars van der Brink, Louis Garreau, Louis Steyaert, Lucas Valerdi, Luuk Van Os, Malcolm De Ruiter, Mattias |at TIAD|, Max Rendell, Paul Alexandre, Pierre Gautier, Race Imboden, Robert Laby, Rutger Schoone, Samuel Roberts, Sergio Fonseca, Thomas Bukovatz, Victor Nylander, and Victor Rivaud.

malemodelscene.net

FASHIONISTO EXCLUSIVE
Ph: Dennison Bertram
St: Alba Melendo Garcia
Models: James Gatenby and Slavik and Yeri Kim

priscillasmodels.wordpress / thefashionisto

Last edited by a moderator:
^ beautiful shots! Its great he opened LV & was an exclusive.

On a side note, studying biochemistry is very impressive & actually pretty cool.

21 year-old Australian James Gatenby (FM) has been modelling for one year after being scouted by his hair stylist who suggested he visits a few agencies.
In January 2013 James opened for Louis Vuitton in Paris (exclusive) and has recently shot with Matthew Brookes for Hero magazine.

Birth date: 10.04.91
Birthplace: Sydney, Australia
Ethnic Origin: German, Russian, Scottish, English
Nickname: Jimmy
How were you scouted: My hair stylist back in Australia happened to work for GQ. He thought I had potential and suggested I interview with some agencies.
What’s your best feature: My positive attitude, energy and professionalism
Favourite grooming product: Sea Salt Spray
Hobbies: Tennis, Movies, Music, Reading, Video Games, Running
Fitness Regime: Running and body weight exercises
Favourite Movie: The Prestige
What was the last track you listened to on your iPod?: Sleepless by Flume
Do you have any Guilty Pleasures?: Watching entire seasons of good tv shows back to back, like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Scrubs
What is your biggest fear?: Regretting the things I haven’t done, rather than those I have done
What is your dream country to visit?: Japan
If you were not modeling, what would you be doing?: Studying biochemistry at university
If you got to relive one day in your modeling career it would be…: Opening for Louis Vuitton. I will never forget that day, it was perfect.
If you could be on the cover of any magazine, it would be: Numero Homme
What’s the funniest thing that has happened to you on a shoot?: All the cameras broke and the shoot was completed on an iphone, the pictures looked good as well!
What’s your favorite fashion city and why?: So far it’s been Paris because of the beautiful architecture
Who are your idols?: Einstein, Fred Hollows, Da Vinci
What was the last dream you remember?: I was flying, but then realised I couldn’t get back down…
One word to describe yourself: Eccentric
Twitter name: @JimmyGModel
Instagram name: Coming soon once I upgrade to a decent phone!
How much money would you need to shave your hair off? Hmm not much, but you would never get my agencies to agree!

ftape.com

Name|James Alfred Gatenby the 4th
Age|21
Hometown|Sydney, Australia

How did you get discovered?
Hairdresser who works for GQ asked if I would be interest in modeling and it went from there...
What were you doing prior to modeling?
Studying biochemistry at university
People would be surprised to know that I...
at very good at belting out tunes! Classic Frank Sinatra (see exclusive JTC video clip above)
What's your latest obsession?
Classic Dickens novels—my favorite: A Tale Of Two Cities
Your most prize possession?
Grandfather's Omega watch he found while spear-fishing
Growing up, who did you look up to as your hero?
I was always inspired by Albert Einstein and Nelson Mandela but I always wanted to be Batman
When is the last time you said, "I Love You" to someone?
To my mom on skype
Three adjectives that best describes you:
Energetic, Eccentric and Engaging
Describe your personal style:
Casual style, but I do like to wear a sharp suit when going out!
Your favorite place you have travel to:
My family holiday in Jindabyne, the snowy mountains in Australia
Your favorite film and scene from the film:
The Prestige—Scene: I love how each time you watch it, you discover something new you didn't saw before!
Your favorite sport:
Sport: Tennis
Player: Roger Federer
If there's a destination or item you would recommend us to check out or visit about your native country/city or town, what would you recommend?
Sydney, Australia—I would take you to Whale Beach on a beautiful summer's day for some good company, food and surf!
Your favorite song/artist:
Take On Me by A-ha
Craziest Moment:
Flying down a mountainin Switzerland on a kid's Toboggans
Favorite moment in modeling:
When I was called up by my Milan agent to be told that I was gonna be opening the Louis Vuitton Men FW 2013 show in Paris. He was crying because he was so happy for me and for the rest of the day, I was dancing for joy in between castings!
Your wish for 2013?
For success, to be recognized!

johntancasting.blogspot.com

Hero #9 S/S 2013
Ph: Matthew Brookes
Styling: James McCarty

Facebook/Bananas Models

Wojtek, Adrien, Félix and James for Masses Magazine - 1st Issue
"Never want to put my feet back down on the ground"
Photos by Kira Bunse
Art Direction by Eric Diulein & Sacha Quintin

bananas-models.blogspot.com