jarno kettunen - illustrator & artist

titania

Reaction score
GAULTIER_PORTRAIT.jpg

drawing the portrait of jean paul gaultier (photo: sonny vandevelde)

jarno kettunen is intrigued by high fashion & luxury. as a warmly welcomed guest in these worlds, he translates his observations directly to wild & expressive drawings. kettunen's highly personal style of drawing is inspired by the techniques of fine arts such as (neo)expressionism. since drawing art fashion shows such as jean paul gaultier, dior homme & a.f. vandevorst, kettunen's drawings have been in increasing demand in the world of high fashion & luxury.

jarno kettunen is most known for his action drawings, which he makes directly at the backstage of fashion shows. these spontaneous, sketch like drawings describe the collection & the mood of the show in an expressive manner. after the shows, the drawings are exhibited & published in magazines & books such as elle, nylon, wound, metal & nomenus quarterly.

on request, he also makes portraits of celebrities as well as artistic, expressive & elegant illustrations for the high fashion, lifestyle & luxury.

- from jarnok.com

a.f. vandevorst
AFV_SS09.jpg

gaspard yurkievich
GY_RTW_FW_08_09_1.jpg

bruno pieters
BP_RTW_FW_08_09_1.jpg

- from jarnok.com

Last edited by a moderator:
kriss van assche
KVA-homme-fw-0809-4.jpg

gareth pugh
gareth_pugh.jpg

- from jarnok.com

there's more of his works at his website www.jarnok.com.

he's done a lot of work for some pretty cool designers. i really like the spontaneity of his pieces; it has this really effortless look about it.

enjoy. :flower:

thanks so much for making the thread, titania :heart:
i love his approach to his work. so simple, clear and so much movement

we did this kind of drawing in my old classes too. but we called them gesture drawings

for Esther le Brato
2zjfdyb.jpg

dianepernet.typepad.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->