Jasmine Tookes

I love that white gown at Cannes, she looks amazing. Clean, simple and effective. No fuzz or crazy antics, just pure glamour.

Amfar’s 24th Cinema Against Gala at 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Harper's Bazaar

Amfar’s 24th Cinema Against Aids Gala at 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival

crfashionbook

Moschino Resort 2018
Moschino_1100.jpg

Moschino_2357.jpg

vogue

MIRANDA KERR & JASMINE TOOKES Arrive at Moschino SS18 Resort Collection 06/08/2017

credit: hawtcelebs

JASMINE TOOKES at Catch LA in West Hollywood 06/23/2017

JASMINE TOOKES at #revolveinthehamptons 2017 in Bridgehampton 07/04/2017

JASMINE TOOKES at Formentera Beach at Balearic Islands 07/24/2017

What has she been up to? I thought she showed some promise in the beginning, but then... nothing post VS :ermm:

What has she been up to? I thought she showed some promise in the beginning, but then... nothing post VS :ermm:

Same, I thought she would be getting covers and campaigns but VS as far as I can tell is the only work she has had the past few months. What a waste...

^ I wish she did more work outside of VS too. Last fashion month she walked quite a few shows, but barely anything outside of that either.

JASMINE TOOKES at Craig's Restaurant in West Hollywood 08/05/2017

JASMINE TOOKES at Nobu in Malibu 08/05/2017

Elle US September 2017

"I'll Be Your Mirror"

Photographer: Terry Tsiolis
Models: Elsa Hosk & Jasmine Tookes

qualityfashionphoto

Last edited by a moderator:
JASMINE TOOKES on the Set of VS Holiday Catalog in Aspen 08/14/2017

:blink: ?
Same, I thought she would be getting covers and campaigns but VS as far as I can tell is the only work she has had the past few months. What a waste...
:blink: ?

You all are acting like she's done nothing, at all, either the past couple of months or past couple of years when this year alone she's had -

2 covers (Elle and Maxim)
Multiple eds (4 in US Elle - Jan, May, Aug and Sept, plus her ed in March's US Vogue, her first ed for the mag in years)
Liu Jo and Tommy Hilfiger campaigns (found on MDC, the pics aren't HQ, hence why I didn't post them)

This on top of her VS work... over on the crap BZ forums, someone posted all the times the contracted models have shot for VS this year, and she's shot with them the most. So to act like she's done no work at all the past few months is wrong.

Now I know this is tFS where people are deluded into thinking that modeling is some higher art form and 'high fashion' reigns supreme but the vast majority of models get into modeling to make money. And she's making a lot of it - VS, Tommy, Liu Jo this year plus a Joe Fresh campaign, an Ugg campaign, L'oreal commercial, CK fragrance contact and Jimmy Choo campaign, all booked after gaining angel status.

I'll be the first to admit that VS is trash and that I also would love to see more work from her (and have said as much in this thread) because she does have a platform with her big contract, especially as it relates to black models. I did say previously I'd like to see her land a solo Vogue cover but outside of the big 4 I've seen at my local bookstore, I probably wouldn't be able to buy a smaller Vogue that she'd likely land a cover of. Whereas I bought both Maxim and Elle...

I'm not sure what you all are expecting from a 26 year old black model who was never pushed by IMG to be this big HF girl (and has managed to still book big, high profile jobs compared to other black models who started when she did). She started just as Joan was rising up the ranks, so IMG wasn't going to slow Joan's momentum so Jas could get a chance with big time HF clients... Jas has always been a commercial model, one of her first major jobs was SI. So again, I'm not sure what people are expecting and I'd rather see her go for commercial jobs than delude herself into thinking she's the next Gisele, balancing both HF and VS like so many of her (mediocre) VS contemporaries. :rolleyes:

Speaking of, I'd love if she shot for SI again. Jas also filmed Fashion Police earlier this year and Project Runway recently, before the holiday commercial. She also attended her first VF Oscar party, MTV Movie Awards and Cannes red carpet this year (which is work as well).

So while it's not eds and covers in some random country's Vogue or HB, she's working, making a name for herself and increasing her profile in the process. And as someone who's actually rooting for her to succeed, I think she's accomplished a lot this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - I think her career so far has been exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnight83
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->