Jason Wu F/W 2018.19 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 9, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

What a sad frumpy little mess. The beginning was like a funeral. The rest looked like thrift store couture. nothing is properly fitted or tailored. Overall it's very unflattering and uninspired. It's time for him to start doing lookbooks. These clothes aren't good enough for a show.

5. GreyVetiver

GreyVetiver Member

Thank you for saying the clothes are already giving the funeral vibes. I also think, given that silhouettes on most of the clothes can hardly flatter women’s body; thus, they should genuinely consider burning all the clothes to ashes and pretend this has never happened.

Well, at least the set was beyond amazing, which could certainly distract the guests from looking at the ugly clothes. But then again they wouldn’t have put so much efforts into creating such amazing production unless they have all agreed in advance that it’s a boring collection

#5 GreyVetiver, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited by moderator leila_MMC: Feb 9, 2018
  6. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

yeah...this didn't flatter the models at all ! its a strange one from him, usually he does it so well

7. perhydrol

perhydrol Member

The tailoring here is just awful, the rest is forgettable and sad. And those Balenciaga shoes, I think Nicolas did something similar for the f/w 12 season...

8. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

I really love that green liquid silk(?) long coat and pants on Cara Taylor. The rest can go.

9. biagiolr

biagiolr Member

Too much black... can you explain the reason why you consider the tailoring bad?

10. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

^I don't know anything about sewing but after seeing so many shows, I know bad tailoring when I see it. For starters none of the pieces seem properly fitted to the models body, that tan blazer at the beggining hangs off the body like some old rag, it's neither fitted nor boxy. The skirts seem bulky and crease in a very awkard manner. Sleeves are poorly finished, they look stiff. The few pants that were shown crease all over and look big around the crotch. Overrall clothes here don't seem to hold their intended shape, they don't flatter the body and they certainlt don't look expensive.

P.S. That one black skirt suit reminds me of Miu Miu F/W 07 and that crop-top with the beaded skirt looks a bit F/W 09.

#10 YohjiAddict, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited by moderator magnes: Feb 11, 2018
  11. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Upon closer inspection those finale dresses look like a bunch of little kids hot glued fabric together to make a dress. I’d call them call them “Little Rascals Haute Couture”. I just don’t understand how they could send this collection out. It’s embarrassing. Is he purposely trying to get dropped by buyers? He seems to be quite clueless.

12. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

It's quite a shame what has happened to the Jason Wu brand. He was a New York hopeful not that long ago and now he presents one drab outing after another.

The plissé pieces are the most offensive, I think. They look so overworked and unflattering that it's painful to even look at them.