Jean-Baptiste Mondino - Photographer

stilista

Reaction score
I couldn't believe we didn't have a threads on him...

So many beautiful images...I love the simplicity of the idea of these. So many photographers think things have to be so complicated, but when simple works, it works!

b_60.jpg

b_57.jpg

b_58.jpg

b_59.jpg

I love his work, it's sureal,stylish, sensative and beautiful:heart::blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved his campaign for Chance, the TV advert is so beautiful.

Good work stilista :flower: I'm surprised about the lack of JBM threads too...:unsure:

Here's one of my favorites of his:

Sophie Calle
104075-1.jpg

I like this too:

B35-t33.jpg

While I was looking around just now I found out he did the video for C'est comme ça by Rita Mitsouko :woot:! I used to love them so much and that was such a fun video...JBM is so cool ^_^.

C%27est%20Comme%20Ca.jpg

thanks stilista for bringing in more:heart:
i love the one of erin o'connor! and the one spacemiu posted with audrey marnay...wasn't it a perfume ad?
there was a lack of photographers' threads in general, no?

artist sophie calle by mondino from www.artthrob.co.za/
calle-cat.jpg

^^ haha, I like this one! Is the cat alive? :huh:

Yes, there was a lack of photographers, but there's a small band of us changing that!! :D :ninja:

yay!!

i fear the cat might be dead since sophie calle is up to a lot of strange stuff:(^_^

love mondino...keep up the good work with this section guys!!..:heart:

i'm adding when i can....but i'm still busy moving stuff...
please keep posting stuff to be moved in member support and feedback if you find any...thanks...
:flower:

Ok, he and the old bird are now my official favourites.

Did you know that Mondino was sued by the Bourdin estate for ripping off Bourdins still images in a video he did for Madonna? I forget what the video was called by I will check when I get back home. It was in French Photo sometime last year.
krizzlec

The video was called Hollywood directed my JBM. The Bourdin society directed by his son sued Madonna and him for copying Bourdin.

Yeah, they received compensation for every scene that was copied from Bourdin. If I remember correctly it was quite a bit of money.
krizzlec

justadreamer said:
Just thought I would post a link to this site hosting loads of fantastic Mondino photos, he really has created some very beautiful and unique images.

http://mondino-update.net/index.php?page=1

Though this has got to be one of my favourite images, not on that site:
View attachment 128062

That's beautiful! It's Vanessa Paradis, right?

These are so incredible that I just had to share them. They are of Charlotte Gainsbourg, from Cut (Japan) 1994 May, and I scanned them today.

Last edited by a moderator:
groove thank you so much for scanning these! i don't think i've ever seen the whole set:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->