Jean Jackets:In or Out

Jean jacket and jeans can work if you go for the james dean or elvis rockabilly look.

I have one, I love it and I will wear it. Not with jeans though.

TheSweetest said:
i think jean jackets are classic too. Just like with the white shirt it's designed for the time but it's always around. I love the way DSquared2 uses theirs.
vogue.co.uk

I want these from anthropologie.com:
I totally luve how dsquared mixed jean jackets with everything...thanx for the pix it give me some ideas

i like jean jackets, my cousin had such a cute one today. like the cuffs were of this lycra kinda stuff but thicker. really cute

definitely the kind of thing that comes and goes....
like the trench...

i was loving mine for awhile there...
but when i tried to throw it on over the summer....
something just felt 'wrong'...
i haven't even bothered to try since...

i think it's time to push it to the back of the closet and take out again in a little while...
just not feeling it right now...

:smile:

I just don't really like them, period. I try to like them, but I can't. :ermm:

I can't see myself wearing them again.... I would wear a denim waistcoat though...

LoveMyBoots said:
I never liked jean jackets- they just don't suit my style...
But if it works well on others then why is it considered out...

You said it! I've never owned one but occasionally I see someone carrying it off really well. But I must say that that's quite rare. IMHO, only certain people can carry it off.

i like the more classic cuts not these trendy ones with rhinestones and all. i also agree that denim worn with a different shade of denim isnt bad

IMO a classic item (such as the jean jacket) can be "in" or "hot," but it cannot truly be "out." Being a classic is the fashion world's diplomatic immunity :P

I have a really cute denim jacket that I usually wear with skirts or springy dresses. I don't wear them with jeans anymore..

I love denim jackets, but I feel like I can't wear a "simple" one. I am in search of a well "designed" jean jacket, and it doesn't have to be designer.

I still wear mine if it suits the outfit - why not really?

It's a classic, though it's going through a "lukewarm" phase now, but I'm sure its time will come again.

In my opinion...
O-U-T

I used to wear jeans jacket when I was, like, 14 and it was 1999! Soooo out of style IMO.:yuk:

I second that. I always wanted a jean jacket but after my mom got one that was more of a denim jacket, I said "No thanks".

I feel weird wearing mine, I think its cute, but it doesnt fit there at the moment.

as softie said, hybernate for now...come out of the closet in a few.

i think it's pretty 'out' right now.
my lee denim jacket was always such a 'no-brainer' for me, but i never reach for it anymore. strange:huh:

here's an attempt w/ my new zara dress..

Attachments

• flower dress2.jpg
    flower dress2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2
i think what ppl may find so unappealing about them now is that they are everywhere. i think when it dies down, then the ppl who truly like them will start wearing them in their own way again. i can understand that. i put my faves away all the time when it gets to big and i start "blending in". you know what i mean?

i've never liked jean jackets, and propably never will. it's just against my nature..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->