Jean Louis Scherrer Haute Couture FW2005

OK, real baby's on runways scare me.. a lot.
I'm not wild about this collection either. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Can't realy put my finger on why yet, though.
Thanks for the thread!

I love it all so much, except the stodgy brocade dresses. Love the dress jackets, so lovely. The hair truly is awful.

Judging by all the couture collections it seems like the 60s are here to stay, and YSL is a very strong influence.

Seth C. said:
I see the YSL resemblence... But there is a lot of individuality intertwined. I like the black and red dresses.

i think u'll find a little of YSL in almost most of the designer.

just check gaultier, de la renta, elbaz & others.

Lena said:
i bet it was a wrong idea even then.. kids -or animals- are no fashion accessories, makes me mad :angry:
I'm not exactly sure what his reason was, but what I make of Gaultier's baby is maybe a statement on the whole "virginal bride" thing....sending out a bride with a baby, presumeably her's, is quite a contradiction. I dunno, that's just my guess.

Anyway, this collection, as softgrey said, is so 80's....and not the good 80's either. I'm talking the Dynasty 80's, and while Dynasty's a lot of fun to watch, I'd never want to wear any of those clothes....at least not today.

where can we see the entire scherrer collection?, i wish it was a bit more mediatic...

once the showed it on elle.

and on hola.com or hello.com, but on those sites it takes more time for them to be for free.

oh my god...long puff sleeves with shiny metallic fabric...nonononono... quick! someone lock it up before it gets back out!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->