Jean Paul Gaultier for Target

I was in the area of another Target today, so I popped in to see if they had anything different (my local Target only had a couple of pieces). There were a couple of things which I thought were cute, but the fabrics for this collection are just dreadful. In general I am pretty lenient about materials for the Target collections, and I have a few pieces from Libertine, Paul & Joe, and Alice Temperley that I have got a lot of use out of, but this is the worst fabric of the collections I've checked out.

And I agree with jun3machina, the fits leave a lot to be desired too.

I haven't seen any of the pieces in person, except for the daisy print dress (which I have already). I ordered a few more pieces online, so we'll see how it goes. I like the dress pretty well. Just too poofy, but that's easy to fix. Here's a pic of the dress ...

4418822777_1280a17577_o.jpg

picture: my own

Last edited by a moderator:
spottie, you look amazing! what size did you get in the daisy dress? is it gappy in the bust area? i have small boobs. so i fear it might be gappy on me.

spottie, you look amazing! what size did you get in the daisy dress? is it gappy in the bust area? i have small boobs. so i fear it might be gappy on me.

Lucy -- Thanks so much. I sized up to a 5 ( a 3 should have been the correct size). It does NOT gap on me (I hear it does on some & I'm not sure why). It looks like a tiny scrap of material (and it is) but it does its job of covering well enough and without fear of slipping around.

I just tried on the daisy/eyelet dress that spottie is wearing above (you look great in it, btw!) and thought it was quite cute. I found that it fit well, but for some reason I had it in my head that I saw a red one somewhere, so I passed thinking I might find it online. It is pretty poofy, but I like it. I didn't see anything else all that interesting.

So instead I bought some Rodarte stuff (nude bow dress for $9.98) on super clearance! :lol:

i finally saw the line in person. my target store had a lot of sizes in most everything (except the mint green dress, pink skirt and tattoo leggings etc)

the leather jacket is fantastic! the leather material feels quite soft. and the colors looked much better than expected.

the daisy print pouf dress for 60$ was nice. i tried on a size 5 and it fit. however the bust area has little coverage. most people will be showing side boob and most people will need sticky tape. i did not buy it.

target's supplier definitely cheaped out on materials for most of the items. the material on the trench - i did not like at all. it felta bit burlap-y.

the tattoo mesh garments are amazing. I LOVED the wrap top in blue for 30$. definitely worth every penny and then some.

i was disappointed that my target didnt have the leggings. :cry: i would have purchased them in a snap judging on how good the other mesh tattoo items were.

the flower roll neck dress wasnt that good. the material felt like raincoat material.

i tried on the tattoo bikinis and winded up purchasing both. (one in a triangle top, the other in a halter top) hopefully no one will think i am wearing Ed hardy.

The rest of my items arrived. I'm very pleased overall. The shorts suit was my favorite.

4440624094_6d4edf78a0_o.jpg

picture: my own

i popped in the other day and ended up picking up the blue/white striped dress with that draped sort of panel thing....

looked a bit sack-like when i brought it home (i got a size S) so i initially thought i might be returning it but i actually liked the styling possibilities once i belted it with a red belt (which also helped shorten the length a bit in a good way as the dress hits below the knee if i remember correctly)

could be cute for the nautical sort of look... especially with a little blazer thrown over it

i would have liked to try on the green dress but i truly don't need it and they didn't have it in my size anyway..
and the pink version was just too blindingly bright for me

Horrible

I'm sorry, but this collection is by far the WORST designer collaboration collection Target has ever done. I saw the collection earlier in the month and I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I was laughing ang gagging at the same time.:yuk: There is no jpg influence in the clothes at all... it's pure Target designs. I think the worst thing are those ugly halter dresses :sick:... actually everything is equally ugly. The house of jpg must really be suffering to lend there name to such an ugly diffusion line... they would have been better off with H&M.

its ok... i do love the leather jacket, and the mustard yellow dress. but everything else was CHEESY!!

i think target got lazy after they noticed the quick sell through rate of rodarte and let a cheaper supplier do the work. i think rodarte's sucess will be hard to replicate.

i plan on getting more stuff like the cloque dress and more mesh items as soon as this is marked down. should only be a few more weeks until it is 30% off.

has anyone seen any items onsale yet in stores? the press release says the collection will be available until april 11th.

the items arent marked down on the website.

It seems I am always one designer behind! When I went to look at JGP I bought Rodarte on sale.

Went to look at Zak Posen at my local Target and instead picked up the b/w halter dress for 50% off. :lol:

yep items on clearance where i live. the collection didn't sell much at all here

the daisy print pouf dress for 60$ was nice. i tried on a size 5 and it fit. however the bust area has little coverage. most people will be showing side boob and most people will need sticky tape. i did not buy it.

I scooped up the daisy print dress for $15 at a Target in LA today. I bought a size 1, and though I'm between a 34B/34C, it fits wonderfully in the bust area... no side boob, no cleavage really. So that's interesting you had troubles in the bust area. I find that the thicker material up top helps, as well as being able to adjust the halter ties.

I'm really excited about wearing it... picked it up for a fun little thing to wear on the honeymoon. I agree with others, it is extremely poofy... but kind of fun. Wish I could have gotten the mustard-colored one in the same style. I would have gotten that one over the daisy print one in a heart beat.

I don't mean to advertise, but I did a little blog write-up on my fun new (cheap) dress. Here's a photo :blush::

42.jpg

^ so cute! And Happy Honeymoon! :heart:

Yep, same dress I picked up on clearance. (Although I got it on the first round, so mine was like $29.99 - which seems SO expensive compared to $15!)

I don't really have any side boob problem either, but then, like Erin, I'm a 34 B/C. I found that it fit perfectly, but I can see that it might be a problem for larger girls? There's not a huge amount of fabric there!

My biggest problem now is that it's far too cold to wear it - I'll have to try it with a little jacket or shrug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->