Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

jeanpaulgaultier0020.jpg
jeanpaulgaultier0027.jpg

*Nowfashion.com

I want those headpieces! I'm so excited, I hope this is going to be good!

I don't see anything groundbreaking so far. Everything is quite JPG but I'm still waiting for that " :buzz: "
Love the headpieces though, and I do agree about similarities to his work from the 90s

Gaga will be all over the headpieces and the media/her PR team will lay claim to it being a *Gaga inspired look* pukes.

Loving it so far.

So usually John Paul Gaultier is a hit or a miss for me but so far this is a hit and it hitting hard :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very Jean Paul; the shoulders, the leather, the masculinity. Theyre all JPG elements but I feel like everything is too trendy and too tame for him. Maybe I'm just too used to him being one of the most daring designers alive. His pieces, especially couture, usually carry so much exaggeration and excitement. This feels a bit underwhelming.
But like I said, it's definitely him in there.

^I agree with you this collection a bit more reserved that his past one but I have to say it is just beautiful, I can clearly see 90's Gaultier on this collection. I cant wait to see the video and HQ's. The final looks are just amazing, this has to be my fav collection in a few years

Oh Dita! :heart: Very Gaultier! Absolutely in love!

Beautiful just beautiful. This is an amazing collection. And it so French as well. The draping is absolutly beautiful. He has also redone the exaggerated shoulder and did it correctly, others should take note of the *cough* *cough*balmain *cough* Gaultier did an amazing job.

JPG's aesthetic is as different from mine as humanly possible, but I kinda like it. It's really fun and I love how he seems to be in his own little world completely removed from reality. haha

Though I wish he'd drop the whole Dita business. Ugh.

Leave it up to Gaultier to spice things up a bit. :smile:
I wonder what the inspiration for this collection was. Has Gaultier been watching Sunset Boulevard or something? These girls look like a futuristic version of Norma Desmond. And Dita Von Teese fits well with this aesthetic.

Love the big bow on Karlie's last dress -- it actually reminds me of 90s Dior.
Love the overall quirkiness of these looks. That sheer yellow veil is just awesome. And that hooded black outfit on Emina, as outlandish as it is, is striking.

Thumbs up for JPG. Gotta love the original "enfant terrible" of Parisian fashion for doing what he does best.

I'm not too keen on the headpieces.

I love the elegant suites, much better than last seasons "Avatar", does anyone even remember that movie now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->